Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (scottyfum)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hi, I really have my heart set on a "V" Drive boat for the seating arrangement and the wake , but I just found one of the tige 22i's for a reasonable price and I really like the seating for a direct drive on this boat. My question is. How are the wakes? Are they somewhat comparable to a "V" Drive? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Scott
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-18-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
The boat can definetly make a good wake. It's draw back is resale value cuz according to 90% of the wives in the world the motor is in the wrong place
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-18-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
is this the good deal your talking about?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/732593.html?1252547747

There is a picture of the wake there.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Wake is descent. Seating is great for watching the rider. Not so good for lounging around.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-18-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
Check with some of the guys over on www.tigeowners.com, there are a few loading then up for boarding and surfing. I know there are plenty of pics also.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
IMPO the wake is good stock and very good when sacked. The surf wake when sacked is great as well. It was the boat I wanted. I Love the layout.But when I bought Tige was just getting started here in tampa. They were very hard to find used so I ended up going with a 22V because the wife liked the seating in it and I just wanted a Tige and found a good deal on one. No regrets what so ever. If you can find a good deal on a 22I i would jump all over it. It will do everything you want it to.
Old     (scottyfum)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Yup smitty thats the one.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-18-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
I believe all of the Tiges after 2003, which are on the Convex V have fundamentally identical hulls and have the ability to make great wakes with weight and with the Taps are able to shape the wake how you like not to mention be fuel efficient. Besides the weight of the engine being transfered to the middle, I bet the 22i would be able to make a very similar wake to a 22v, which I really like.

And Kevin, Great looking boat and color combo. Did you ever think about getting the tower in black? Looks great either way but might make for a killer look.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
For anyone looking at my boat, I posted some info in my for sale thread about why I have not returned some calls or sent pics. Sorry for the inconvenience, can't be helped.

Thanks
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Here are a few Wakesurf pics with NO Ballast, one adult and 3 kids sitting on the port side.

This is my 4th time surfing, I suck. I could throw the rope but only stay up for about 20 seconds. With some ballast in the locker it would be very rideable.

Upload
Upload