Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
whats up guys... My brother and i are planning a trip to lake norris this spring/summer and are wanting some advice as to where the best places to lodge at, ride at, eat at etc.... As of right now, i think we are just going to find a cabin to rent since a houseboat is a little out of our price range. Are there any cool shops or restaurants right on the lake? How about cool board shops? Hiking and site seeing? and last but not least... are there any particular waterways just full of endless butter? any info would help out
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-21-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Cory, I rent wakeboard boats at three different marinas on Norris, and I have a full pro shop at one of them. Make sure you stop by the shop and you can jump in a boat with us and I will show you some spots to ride.

Also at the marinas that I am with they have Friday and Saturday night bands, so just send me an email when you know that you are coming down and I will let you know what is going on that week.

Also if you need help with a finding a cabin just let me know what you are looking for and I can get you all the info on it.

You can find all of my contact info at http://www.norriswakeboardsandinboards.com/
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-21-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
I'd like to sign on this post also, was about to start this thread myself. A buddy and I are looking to take a weekend trip down to Lake Norris to hopefully get a bunch of riding on that endless butter. We definitely don't have a huge budget as we're mainly going for the riding, not necessarily any touristy things. Any help on lodging and rentals would be great.
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-21-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Doug i see your at Stardust..me and my buddy do a lot of riding and video down at norris and been going there forever now..we stay at the condos at Shanghai...we should ride sometime
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-21-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Mike when you say rentals are you talking about Wakeboard boats, I am the only one on Norris that are renting these I am going to have Sanger and Centurion, I will also be renting equipment and wave runners. Let me know what you are looking for and I can find it for you.

Cory another good source for Norris is http://www.norrislakeinfo.com/index.html

There are some really good prices on lodging at these locations
http://www.thewillowsattwincove.com/rentalprogram.php
http://www.stardustmarina.com/rcabins.htm
http://www.mountainlakemarina.com/accomo.html
if you find something at one of these let me know and I can help you out on pricing.

Matt, I will be taking out anyone that wants to ride during the band nights that I wrote about above. Make sure that you come by the shop this summer I am making a full proshop out of the old stardust marina right behind the new one. Maybe I can help you out with some chase boat footage for your vid.

http://www.norriswakeboardsandinboards.com/
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-21-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
There's a shop called G-Rides too. Haven't been to it but you can look it up on the net.
Old     (murraytrip)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-22-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Norris is wakeboard paradise for TN. The best water is up past Flat Hollow Marina going NE up the Powell River. Miles of butter and little boat traffic. You can get a place at Flat Hollow pretty reasonable and they just built a new marina. If your going to Norris for the best butter you definetly need to go up the Powell.....it's awesome
Old     (3dsrider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yea go up where Bryan said to go and it will be butter all day long... as for restaurants all the big marinas have restaurants I work at shanghai and they have pretty good food there... I also ride with the guys up at grides they have a little shop at springs dock. They also give lessons there too. Matt has taught me most of everything that I can do on a wakeboard. We have demos there during the summer months as well.
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have lived and worked on Norris for over 20 years and I agree with kevin and bryan that Shanghai is a great marina to visit, but that end of the lake gets vary crowded because it is full of vacationers, if you go to the right of Stardust, up the clinch you are going to run into the majority of locals which are in bass boats and the water is going to be alot smoother.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Another vote here for Flat Hollow Marina and the Powell River. Water is always butter and you probably won't even see any bass boats. If you do stay at Flat Hollow check out there float houses. I have stayed in on a couple of them I recommend The Lake House. It's one of the newer float houses and has the water slide and hot tub. Here is the link http://www.flathollowmarina.com/rentals/lakehouse/index.htm by the way I'm not affiliated with Flat Hollow but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-24-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
what about Dale Hollow?

there is some endless butter there.
the coves are so huge you can find one all to yourself and not see anyone
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-24-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Paul I have seen those at Flathollow before, but never been inside. They look really good from the pics.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
The Lake House is the one I prefer to stay in, and believe me those pics don't do it justice. If you never have stayed on a float house it's is an awesome experience.
Old    wiz            02-24-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
good luck on trying to contact g*rides. they are horrible about calling u back. i've had a few bad experiences with them.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-25-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
I have had great experiences with G-Rides. One thing you have to realize is that their shop on the lake is closed for the winter. They also have a shop north of Cincinnati which is open all year if you need to get a hold of them.