Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
My dream has come true and Im ordering a Launch 21V within a few weeks. The colors and patterns are like the 04 and 05 Launch. What color and pattern do y'all think look good???? Here is the factory pic. I know I want more color.

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Here is an 04 pattern I like. What do you think about swaping the grey for blue and swap the black for grey?
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-03-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
Im all about the blue/yellow like they have on the site jpg showing the floorplan
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-07-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
Here is mine..the color all the way down is the way to go in my opinion!

McFly

Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
You got one already!! you rat freaking bastage
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the props on the black/grey color pattern Chris.

I think I have my colors chosen for the '05 21V. But ain't tellin'!

(Message edited by ripr on September 07, 2004)
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-07-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
The color all the way down looks great! Details of the wake would be great as well!
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-07-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Both wakes are incredible..along with boat boats for that matter..tons of storage, hidden compartments and great comfort. We had 11 people in the 24SSV with one rider and there were still empty seats!

The best feature of the new boats are the swivel board racks by far! I used them all weekend. Especially when we pulled up to the marina or to other boats, or putting the boat in the slip..just turn the board racks into the boat and you have no worries.

The tower is super sturdy. Driving across the chop with all 4 board racks full, and we had very very little sway in the tower. It was super sweet!

As far as the wakes go, the 24 was huge. It was narrow like a 21 foot wake, but had incredible lift. When riding in the boat, you notice a little rip curl on each side of the wake that comes up and forms the lip on the wake. It was a weird looking shape, but it was very user friendly, and it threw you where you wanted to go. We had the stock ballast full with the wake plate half way. I can't wait to try the bigger ballast in there!

The 21V was unreal as well. We spent 2 days with this boat trying to get the wake right. We found that, this boat at about 23mph with the front gravity bag full and the rear ones about 3/4 full will produce a tremendous wake. Again, we ran the wake plate at the half way point.

The surf wake on the 21V was very nice too...it was very steep, but it was very long. You could get much much farther away from the swim platform on this boat than on the 22SSV. The 22SSV surf wake is very tall and fat, which makes spin tricks fun. The 21V is very long which helps with slashes and cuts and allows you to build more speed.

I am going to play more with the 21V over the next few days. I will keep you posted.

McFly
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
McFly - Could you get some wakeboard wake pics pse?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
Marty - That boat is sweet! Is the color all the way down to the bottom one of the choices of the standard patterns or is it a chargable custom pattern? What pattern do they call it?
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-08-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
It is a custom pattern.

We will get some wake pics soon!

McFly
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-13-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
So I played with mspaint here. Which do y'all think looks better? Please post back. Thanks

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Peronally i like the yellow borders and the grey in the middle.
Old    aircox            09-14-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
3rd one with black instead of grey! Awesome boat.... They should have put that boat in a V-drive 5 years ago. I love the wake on the direct drive Launch...

(Message edited by aircox on September 14, 2004)
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Pic #3 for sure
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
Marty,

What kind of speaker setup are you going to put on the tower this year? I am looking forward to seeing that boat in person sometime soon.

Andrew
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-15-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
The boat is at the stereo shop right now. Should be finished tomorrow night. I will post pics when its ready.

McFly
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-16-2004, 4:26 AM Reply   
Anyone got any good pics of the best speaker/light bar package from supra?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-21-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
Marty,

Did you get your boat back from the stereo shop yet? I am assuming you went to Auto Sound again. Post some pics if you get some extra time. Thanks.

Andrew