Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (charliep)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
Just got a 2005 MasterCraft 205V (X2 minus the wakeboarding gear) and the factory installed the stereo remote on the transom instead of for the driver as requested. The dealer is going to make it right and get us another remote, but I'm trying to figure out the best location. The dealer's mechanic said they were in front of the throttle, but it looks like it might be close to interfering with your hand. Where do other X2/205V owners have and/or wish their stereo remote is located? It's the standard Clarion XMD remote. Is it better to split at the head unit and run the driver remote under the front end or split at the transom remote and come under the right side?
2005 205V Dash
The 2005 machined dash plate is very cool.

Thanks,
Charlie
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
i have a x9, mine is mounted on the flat spot above and in front of the throttle...let me know if you want pic and i will run out to the garage!!...no probs with clearance

that dash is off the chain!!! i wonder if i can get it for mine????

(Message edited by macdaddy on August 09, 2004)
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   

pic
Old     (charliep)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
Thanks Jude, it looks like the standard spot is a winner since it won't interfere and looks easily visible to the driver. Our new 205V is pretty subdued compared to most of the wild rides around here!

Charlie
(time to crawl around and figure out the best wiring route)
Old    wakelvr            08-11-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
That's exactly where ours is on our 03 X2 (right next to the throttle). It's really convenient to get to and I'm a firm believer that the driver should have controls of the volume.

Congrats on your boat! You will love it!