Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2008, 1:45 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a wake plate fitted to their X Star??? If so is their a big difference to the wake (Especially for surfing) i have having trouble setting up my 05 X Star for surfing??? i think the reason for the poor surf wake has something to do with the exaust box (The rectangular shaped box there the exaust vents are) the nly time we have prodused an amazing surf wake was with the right side ballast full, middle ballast full, a 500Ib sack in the locker, 10 people and three of them hanging off the side!!! I want to get something decent without adding the equivilent weight of a planet into my boat!!!

HELP!!

Danny
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-05-2008, 5:26 AM Reply   
Danny, I'm no expert on setting things up for surfing but I don't think a trim tab is the answer. I have a plate on my X-45 and the best surf wake is always achieved by picking it up all the way (in other words, the equivalent to not having one) This allows the transom to sit deeper in the water and push up a better wake. The exhaust box you speak of is actually a part of the hull design to produce a nice wakeboard wake which by the sounds of it can make it a little trickier than normal on a late model Star to produce a nice surf wake. I have surfed behind X-stars with great wakes, maybe someone with some experience with sufing X Stars will be able to help you- I would also try the wakesurfing section.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
^^^^What Brett said. I'm not saying that the Xstar has the best Surf wake, but it is fine for my family without trying to hard. Here are pics of ours on both sides. Three people in the boat including me driving, right or left ballast filled(depending on which side the rider is on of course), no fat sacks. Can't remember if I had the center ballast full.. ..Upload
Upload
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-05-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
It may help with shape and length of pocket, but it wont build the wake. I'm not sure the cost and time will be worth results $.02.

We spent all last Summer working on the best weight and placement combo for surfing. It's a lot of trial and error.