Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have a friend who just got a new SuperAir and is having trouble getting the weighting figured out to make the wake ideal. As a X2 owner I'm not much help.

How is everyone weighting theirs?
Old    whirly            07-21-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have a friend with a '03 SAN TE, and he weights it down just with stock and myabe a side sack in the bow. With 5 or 6 people it holds it own. Of course if it were my boat I would mind throwin some extra weight in there.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-21-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
for my '02 i do the following:

stock ballast (400 lbs in locker tank, 250 in each rear tank)

nine 65 lb lead bars:
3 in the bow
3 arranged flush with the drivers kickboard
2 flush behind the drivers seat
one on the port side

one 12" JL sub in box under the clamshell
two large amps replaced the worthless port side cooler
two extra batteries on port side (stock battery in '02 is also on port side)

obviously i have the majority of my lead starboard since ALL my stereo/battery crap is port. don't forget to get some of that weight in the bow, or the wake shape will suffer and you might start porpoising too - they just don't have enough weight in the bow.

the wake is sick with 4-5 people in the boat, with 7 it's frightening.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
Use stock ballast. Then put a sack on top of each tank in the back filled up as much as possible. Put at least another 800 lbs. in the nose and you should be good to go. The SAN's like the weight almost even from front to back.
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-21-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
I have 200 pds in the bow, lead weight, 900 pds in the skilocker, 1100 pounds, stock tanks plus 700 pds in v-drive sacks. All the ballast is plumbed, vented etc. except the skilocker bag. I run 4 aerator pumps for the hard tanks, fill/empty, simer pump to fill the skilocker bag and rear vdrive sacks. Takes ten minutes to fill over 2000pds., less to drain, the simer really drains fast when moving.

Mike
2001 san
fyi, awesome wake
Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I would put at least 400lbs in the bow to start off then slowly add weight to the rear depending on how good you are at a straight up wake.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Sounds like I'm kind of similar to Mike D.. I'm running about 400lbs (2 side sacks) in the bow, about 600lbs in the locker (Let's Go Ride bag) and two fat sacks about 2/3 full on top of each of the stock hard tanks in the rear for roughly 900 lbs in the stern.

All in all about 1800/1900 lbs total. If I fill the bags up in the stern any more wake gets a tad peaky and getting out of the hole is tougher without some peeps sitting in the bow. Running much more weight or more than 5 peeps I use less weight as the wake gets ridiculously big.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Do what RB says. That's great advice. Then add more weight when you are ready. The wake only gets better with more weight.