Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-03-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZcRIeYhXVQ&feature=related

note the backflip out of flat water a couple minuits in.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-03-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8Fn55axd4&feature=related

ok, this is pretty legit too.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-03-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
Stand up jetskis = Awesome.
Sit down jetskis = Not so awesome.

As cool as doing backflips off of boats' wakes in show skiing is, it sucks because it gives Joe 6-pack the idea that it's okay to do it (the jumping part, not the backflips ) on his 4 seater in the middle of a crowded lake...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
Whoa that Quad ski is sweet, I want one. But probably not at whatever price they're gonna be charging...

(Message edited by jtnz on December 03, 2008)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-03-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
dude what did I tell you about watching jetski videos...
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-03-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
the hardest thing i have ever tried to ride that had a motor is an old kawi x2 the first real sit down ski, but when you get it, its like a dirt bike on the water, so fun. stand ups are a blast and as stated above sea doo's suck, they are for 2 things, towing rails and tow in surfing.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-04-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
I guess I feel the need to defend Seadoos as I've had one for the past 8 years. It got me into wakeboarding...I couldn't afford a boat, didn't have room for a boat, and didn't have a vehicle that could pull a boat...but the jetski fit perfectly in my lifestyle at the time. I also love riding my jetski when exploring new water...you can cover so much more territory and scope out possible dangers/sweet spots while saving gas and time. I would argue that jetskis are like guns...if you put one in the hands of an idiot, you'll see negative results...but don't blame the Seadoo.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
That's a good one Loren. Like a gun...lol
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-04-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
haha, word loren,
the first time i was ever up north i was super amped to have my dad take me out on a jet ski, and we were jumping over wakes and doing all the stuff that i hate to see people do now. i also learned how to wakeboard behind one, and i tubed like crazy behind it for several summers before i got my first board.

there definatly alot of fun, and i really like your description of them being like a gun.
i just got a sea doo 3d and the thing is a blast! but i dont take it out when the lake is busy............
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
hey, i have an idea for a cool trick. I'll stand on my head on this jetski and do an upside down bicycle. that will KILL it in the show! Seriously, these spectators will not know what hit them.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-04-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
I agree, there is nothing wrong with jetskis, as long as the person driving it has "an IQ bigger than their shoe size" (read that somewhere on this site). Luckly, my lake doesnt allow jetskis, so its never an issue. All we have to worry about are people who try to do the same thing in jetboats, or 25 foot cruisers for that matter.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-04-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
Dont hate on sea doos guys c'mon. I have had sea doos since 97 and the past 2 sets have been an rxp and an rxt, we just got a brand new rxp-x and rxt-x. I think Me and a few of my buddys are the only guys on lake WA who only goes out to follow big yahts and I think I am the only one who knows where to hit the wake to get a good launch. The most Ive gotten is the rear end about 10ft outta the water off of ferry waves in chelan. I ride with a monster energy mx helmet, shoes, and gloves, ever since I knocked my self out flipping over the front. Sea doos are the ish man I ride mine as much as I wakeboard. The only problem is with sit downs is that you limited to tricks, I can throw nac nacs, supermans, and no footed nacs. Thats about the most you can get. But I understand what you guys are saying, I stand up on mine about 98% of the time, the majority of the ppl on the lake with them sit 99% of the time. Wow I kinda blabbed a little, I guess i just like sea doos.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-05-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
^^Same here! Where I live, you really can't hate on jet skis because they are everywhere! Actually...I own two of them (96 & 01 GTX's), but I'm not a tool who is out there to ruin everyone's day. I pretty much ride at respectable speeds, at a good distance, and especially out of the way of boarders and families alike. The families are the ones you need to be careful around. they have enough to worry about. there are too many jerks who care too much about bragging rights and dont look at where they are riding. I try to change the outlook on other people's minds about jetskiers by NOT pissing people off.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-05-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
i guess i phrased the topic wrong. it should have read, "as much as i hate on jet skis, this is legit"

i wakeskate on my jetski at least 4 times a week, and use it for ollie sesh's all the time.

i guess i thought the vid was cool cuz someone was teling me about that kindof stuff, but i never actually saw it.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-06-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
I actually learned how to wakeskate behind my jetski. Much easier than behind a boat. Gotta love em.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-07-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
some of that was cool but a lot seemed stupid like that guy who rode his up on some dock and twirled his body around....lame
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       12-08-2008, 2:14 AM Reply   
i love my stand up ski its a nice break from wakeboarding every once in a while plus i built it from the hull up so its my baby.

i have also noticed that a lot of people in wakeboats will slow to wakesurf speeds when they see a standup which equals fun
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       12-08-2008, 2:16 AM Reply   
i love my stand up ski its a nice break from wakeboarding every once in a while plus i built it from the hull up so its my baby.

i have also noticed that a lot of people in wakeboats will slow to wakesurf speeds when they see a standup which equals fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliCQvf3Vy0

watch that at about 1:13 for 3 flat water backflips in a row
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-08-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Wear a helmet. I would hate for one of those things to land on my head.
Old     (itzon)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 4:57 AM Reply   
Can’t we all just get along
Old     (itzon)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-09-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Is it me or does the guy on the right have like a hole in his face?
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
What that picture says to me:

Jet ski guy: Sorry i nailed your face on that last one.

Boarder: no dude it's all good, I'll ride it off.

Jet ski guy: It's probably because I wasn't wearing my super awesome goggles.

Boarder: Yeah man, that's gotta be it.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-12-2008, 4:27 AM Reply   
the wakeboarders tryig to act all nice! but when he gets his hand that jetskiers getting the hyding of a life time!!! lol.