Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-25-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
I launched the boat only to find I had a dead battery. We moved the boat by hand to the docks so I could pull out and let others launch in that lane. The main guy who is always there brings down one of those battery/jump packs, but even that doesn't start the boat. We check the water level in the battery, and realize it is basically empty; it took two water bottles to get back to the proper level! He brings down a big charger and extension cord, and hook it up. After 15 min of charging, it starts up fine.

Major thanks to that dude, and then after already having bought 2 bags of ice and launch pass of course, I bought a $10 bag of ice (aka keep the change) and a handshake.

And check the water level on your battery... something I have never done regularly. Well, now I know. This was definitely an eye-opening experience.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-25-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
That's that curly haired guy, right? That's way above and beyond. Major props!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-26-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
The guys / gals @ Rivers End have always been GREAT to deal with, the help direct traffic on busy weekends, help load boats at times, have tools to borrow, they've even opened the store back up after closing.... Numerious times I have seen this place go above and beyond simply standing behind the counter.

Right on Kevin - good post - hope all is well!

Lzy
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thanks. They rock. Yes the guy with kinda curly hair. I have launched there for years, and as if I wasn't loyal enough, they have won me over even more haha. I even drive a significant amount further than other possible launch points on the Delta (when I come from Davis, from Oakland it is closer).
Old    wakelvr            07-26-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
This is why we launch out of River's End (not just because it's 10 minutes from our house;-) I can't count the number of times that he is out there helping people. He definitely keeps things moving at the ramp so there is rarely a line to get on or off the water. A while back he loaned us a vacuum after we showed up with a tree branch in our boat, doh!!!! My husband was driving for the record (many years ago:-)

Major props to them for their customer service!!!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
sounds like a great guy, I think orwood needs to learn something from him. The lady that takes the money is extreamly rude and the rules change weekly on jet ski launch
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
we have an optima just for that reason. but that dude helped my buddies when their monoleaf broke. brought us a 44 piece so we could get it outta the water and gave him discounted storage while it was being fixed. the one chick at orwoo is really mean i agree but most are nice, and yes they are jetski nazis we launched 4 times last fall winter no prob then on our last time the old lady bitches ous out
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
The curly haired guy is really nice and is quite helpful. He had to put some his a-hole in place on Sunday who trying to cut me off while loading up our boat. He ran right over to the car and told them to move out of the way for us. That place does sometimes turn into a mess on the weekends and I think it is nice that they have someone like him to help restore some order.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
His name is Ron.