Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
I want to eventually have a permanent triple-ballast system in my MC 230VRS (same boat as X-30)

If I but 3 fly high bags with a Tsunami pump, can I use these bags with a permanent system next year? I'm thinking one on each side of the engine, one in the ski locker.

If not, what bags do you guys recommend?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
you can absolutly use them in a perm system. The tsunami is a great pump but not what you would want for a switched system.

Get the Fly Highs. I think that you will find on here that consensus is they are the best. They are IMO...
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-25-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
I have had fat sacs plumbed in every boat I have had for the past 5 years. Granted I swap my boats out every year, but I put around 800 hours a year on them, with a lot of filling and unfilling. They will be fine.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
I've found the Fly High vinyl threads to be kind of soft and easy to over-tighten and strip, and leaky.
You may want to permanantly attach the quick connects to the sacks with PVC cement.
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
dave, i ride behind an x-30. we have a set of v-drive sacks in the two back lockers (400 lbs each) and two of the 150 lb bricks in the bow (and we sometimes have someone ride in the bow too). i have not seen a lot of wakes, but i really like the wake we throw.