Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-22-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
i have never done this before.. if anyone could help tell me the supplies i would need how long will it take..

if anyone has done this before maybe you could tell me how things went.. is it worth it or not.. i dont get to the water alot so i want to bring the water to my house
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-22-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
hey check out the photo issue of wbm. thats my work in the letter of the month!!!!. it was a 30 foot rail. the start pool was 20 feet long and 5 wide and the landing was 30 feet long and 25 wide. for the start pool we used 1/4 inch ply 1 foot high with 2x4 braces every 3 feet ish. the landing was 7 straw bails by 5 straw bails with more 1/4 ply 1 foot high and 2x4 braces every bail. the rail is a 22foot flat 3 feet high with an 8 foot slant up to the 3 foot height. it has triangles as the base support every 3 feet and skinned with 1/4 inch ply. top sheet is recycled plastic decking. the rail cost about 250 bones and the hail bails were 75 bucks and the starting pool wood was 35 bones and the 6mil sheet to hold the water was 70. so around 400 something ish. it was super fun and we had 5 or 6 people go in on the price and it lasted a couple days. we kept all the wood and bails so we can do it again. it was worth it for me. to build it took 2 days mayb 5 hours a day so max 10 hours build time. i think the build tally was somewhere around 17 2x4s and 6 sheets of 1/4 ply. 2 strips of 16ft plastic decking at 20 bucks each. 1 roll of 100ft plastic tarp and 28 ish hay bails.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-22-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload