Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-29-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
Never been there before. Can someone tell me a little about the campsite like will 3 tents fit on a average site ? Are the launches in good shape ? Ever had security issues leaving truck and trailer in the parking lots ? Are the boat ramps and parking paved ? Do you leave your boat in the water or need to pull it out each night ? Any other words of advise would be appreciated before I make reservations.

Thanks
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I was there in June and the campsite I stayed in was nice. It had plenty of room for tents. The launch ramps are in great shape. I did have to pull the boat out of the water every night, but I think there are some areas you can anchor and leave your boat. I do recommend that you take an extra prop, or two. There was a lot of floating debris in the water. Several boats in our group had some form of prop damage.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-29-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
JTW. I just got back from a week camping at Oroville. I go there a few times a year. I have an RV and always stay at Bidwell Canyon. You can fit 3 tents in most of the sites. It is first come first serve so I suggest you get there by Thursday or the weekends get pretty crowded. If you stay it the sites 1 thru 30 you can leave your boat in the water either anchored out a bit or right up on shore. I anchored out about 20 feet and left my boat in the water for the whole week. It is only a 20 second walk to your boat and from some sites you can see your boat. The launch ramp is very nice. All paved. In most cases you can bring your truck and trailer back to your campsite. But if you do decide to leave it in the lot, I have never had a problem with theft. The debris is cleaned up quite a bit. I was there in June and bent my prop but this last time and came out OK. There is a full service marina, restaurant and bar there at Bidwell. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions. Good luck. The lake is awesome.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
Depending on what you fancy, when we go their we stay @ Lime Saddle on the north end of the lake... The campsites are brand new, its cool most of the drive ways are super long for truck and trailer. both the sites and the launch their are less busy than Bidwell... We go their 2-3 times a year. The other cool thing is the entire pack is WI-FI so WW is not far away. Have a good time.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-31-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
We go there are the time. We have always stayed at Loafer Creek. The sites are great. You can fit 3 tents on the site. All the site have paved driveways and nice new showers. The group sites are the best, 25 people and 10 tents easy. Plus a nice fire pit on each site. On a second note Douglas, do you know what the group sites are like at Lime Saddle?