Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Any info about it out there? Besides the picture in Surf Expo pics surfdad provided, I know basically nothing about this board.
Old    surfdad            09-30-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
You might shoot Greers Ferry Lake Marine & ATV a PM he's actually ridden one at a dealer meeting.

My observations, hope this helps.

I stole the ad copy from this thread

1) epoxy board - yep uses epoxy rather than Polyester or Vinylester
2) 4'3"
3) a Sonic core = I believe it's Polyu
4) seamless edge epoxy construction - I believe the deck lamination is lapped under the base, see below.
5) dura clear base - the bottom has what appears to be a HDPE plastic base

It will definately fit in a standard wakeboard rack, I want to say that it's 5/8" thick.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-01-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I am no wakesurfing pro but it is a skim style board obviously. It was a fun board to ride even though the water was super rough, but it is fast and loose. If skim is your style it is worth demoing because I'm sure it will compete with the other skim style boards on the market.
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-01-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Mr. Greers,

What is the fin configuration? Is the ride similar to that of the COEX? And if I buy one can you guarantee that I will immediately be able to ride away a surface 1080?
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-01-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
I go to check one of these out at the Barrel Boss contest when I was talking with the Hyperlite rep. Very cool board and deceiving looking as well. The finish on it at first made me think it was just another composite surfer. Boy was I wrong when I picked it up. The new board is super light, way more than you would expect it to be. The bottom graphic area looked to be almost like an inlay and it had a funky feeling yet somewhat smooth bottom surface. I didn't get a chance to ride it, since it was 1 of only 2 that they have available. He was sending it off to some guys to ride in Powell and then hopefully its gonna be making its way back down this way so we can ride it. It had a brand new bag with it too, but I didn't get any good pics

Rocky, its a single fin setup

Upload
Upload
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-01-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Mr. Cathey,

As TXsurf stated it is in fact a single fin configuration similar to the coex. Although, the ride is much different in that it is a much faster board. 1080 is the only thing the board can do it can't even ride straight.
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-01-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
You sir have sold me on this fine Hyperlite product. I am putting a blank check in the mail today, upon receiving it, write in any amount and send me the first one you get in.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-01-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
You got it!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I got a chance to take the prototype out at the begining of the season and really enjoyed it. Its deffinately a fast board. I'm not sure what sizes they ended up offering it in but the size I rode was perfect for me but too fast for my wife. I'm 6,1. 180 and she is 5,2 110
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-12-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
I will have to check out next year.

I rode a similar O'brian board and IMO was too narrow. It was like riding a big wakeskate at slow speed. Just didn't rotate like a skim board. I kept catching the rails when spinning. Different yes and I didn't get a feel for it. Looks perfect for shuvs. The O'brian was fast as well for it's small size although about 4.6"