Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-27-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
I still use, as many still do, portable fat sacs on the seats. im tired of using the 'over the side' pump and the time it takes to fill 3 bags individually,plus i cant fill on the go. Thus here is my solution, let me know what you think or if you have suggestions.

my current setup. aerator pumps (not going to puppies, so please dont mention) for fill and empty 750's in the lockers with 'cup' pick ups on the boat bottom. works great. boat is 04 sante 210.

my plan.... 'T' into the discharge of the fill pump with 1'' hose and 'T'. run hose around to the side of the back seat through the breather passage for the motor, im guessing thats what it is or called, and come out where the 4 cup holders are by the ice chest. i plan to put a quarter turn valve at the end then my fitting to fill the bag. im thinking i want the valve at the end by the bag fill vs. at the pump is for simplicity.... dont want to open the hatch everytime. when done using my fill hose i plan to push it back into the cubby hole so it is out of sight.

now for the bow 'fill line'. i plan to 'T' off of belly fill pump discharge, run hose over to either the drivers side or up through around under the observer storage compartment (if that is even doable). then run the hose up through one of the cup holders. im thinking cup holder so i can push the hose back down when i dont need it. i thought about just having it under the cushions but that means you would have to move a cushion and deal also with the bag on the seat too.

thoughts??
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-27-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
My brain isn't working 100% at the moment but did you mention how you would drain those?

What about getting a Simer reversible pump and teeing off of one of your intakes before the check valve. Mount it in a compartment somewhere because they're not ignition protected. The advantage in this particular instance of using a reversible pump would be that you'd only have to have 1 hose for fill/drain instead of having separate ones for the aerators.

With the scupper thru hull you won't be able to empty very well when underway though.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-27-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
my bags are only 440 and i just hold them over the side to dump.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-27-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
my bags are only 440 and i just hold them over the side to dump.

Whoa! You're more of man that I, or anyone else on my crew is if you can comfortably handle a 440 even with 2 dudes.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-28-2011, 8:30 AM Reply   
i/we are for sure not super men but honestly they are not hard to handle as long as they are on the seats.