Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-17-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
I rode with my buddy on saturday on clemintine (water was 58.5 and air was 80+). awesome day, but the boat had something interesting happening to it.

On the inside of the boat, super air 210, behind the cup holders on both sides(carpeted walls of the hull) the carpet seemed to be sweating. This was from the back storage lockers to the driver.

We looked and couldnt find anything leaking, and there was not a hose or anything running on the sides. The water looked kinda sprayed on...but there was nothing spraying on it. Weird.

I wish I took a pic to show you all.

Has anyone seen this before? anybody know what the heck happened?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Sometimes our hotshower on the boat gets crazy and will leak spray
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-17-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
this was happening on both sides...along a 10 foot section of the boat. no hotshower near by. no hoses nearby.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-17-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
I've seen this before on SAN's. If I understand your post, the water is coming from the rub rail. Water is coming in when you are turning sharply. During construction, when they mate the hull and the upper deck, sometimes it isn't sealed properly. Take it to your dealer. They should be able to fix this easily.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-17-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
we thought that might have been the culprit. thank you!
Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       11-17-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
you were right man... seemed like the only explanation for the water.. sooo, flat water saturday we ride(weather permitting)