Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-12-2008, 3:23 AM Reply   
liitle tid bit of info to help you decide...

Yesterday a member (and a Moomba owner) on the Moomba forum, informs us that his wife has a brain tumour and is undergoing surgery and is requesting we put her in our thoughts and prayers.

We Supra/Moomba owners are a very close-knit community and he feels perfectly comfortable sharing this personal info with us.

Rick Tinker, Presedent of Skiers Choice, goes on line and personnaly gives the guy best wishes and a feel good message.

How many other boat manufacturers have a prez and CEO that would do that?

in fact, how many other boat manufacturers have owners bragging about their Prez?

During this season's boat show shopping, keep in mind that Customer Service and satisfaction with a company go a long, long way.

When you buy a Skiers Choice product, not only do you get a great watercraft at a great price, you become a member of huge family - and that family actually cares what happens in your life.

Kudos Rick Tinker. Your a great guy.

We love ya man :-)

Ed G
Clermont, Fl
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-13-2008, 4:26 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (miller_time)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-13-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
I agree Rick Tinker is a great guy, I had a disagreement with a Moomba dealer that I was trying to buy a LSV at and felt I was not treated well, so I wrote an email to Skiers Choice. And who emailed me back the very next day? Rick Tinker. I am very impressed that the president took time out of his day to email me to try and correct the problem. He was very understanding and took care of problem right away. That sealed the deal for me. I will be buying a Moomba.

I am the kind of guy that really gets behind a company that goes above and beyond to take care of customers. Just like after seeing CWB's action on WakeWorld I try and ride only CWB to support such an outstanding company.

I can tell you I am a Skiers Choice guy now and will be for some time.

Thanks again Rick Tinker!

Mark Miller
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-13-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Nothing but good things to say about the service from the SC folks as well.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-14-2008, 2:02 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
Said it before, will say it again... Ric is top notch.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-14-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
Great people at SC!!!!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       01-14-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Delta Riders Association has nothing but the best things to say about Skiers Choice. They were the first and currently only boat company to directly get involved with our tournaments. They have set a big standard in the industry and hope more follow in their footsteps.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
I just got back from the Toronto Boat show lastnight, and i spent time with 3 MFG's

Mastercraft - I got lots of help and they were great, the guys from the marine that supply them are top notch, not to mention my buddy is buying his second boat from them so they took me pretty serious and gave me lots of help

Malibu - great service, everyone was helpful was able to answer everything i needed

Skiers Choice - Hands down best service ever, the north eastern sales manager took care of me while visiting the booth and was far beyond helpful and knowledgeable, i was really impressed with what he was able to tell me, and not to mention the price, all thats really left is to water test my 3 boats and if i even remotely like the Skiers Choice i know that i will not regret dealing with such a helpful company.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
I'm a Supra owner and biased, but would buy any boat if Iit's hull design and layout fit my needs better than what I have now. Skier's Choice has been outstanding, I'm just bummed that they canned my dealer for not selling enough boats even though he was superb!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-16-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
Best wishes to your friend with the tumor, I hope all turns out for the best... Tell her the Skierschoice dealer in Seattle is praying for her recovery as well...
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Kevin,
Thanks! We got home from the Hospital on Monday. She has been doing pretty good. Got a little extra tired today, but she has been a real trooper! We expect about one month of her taking it easy to recover. Dr. says no problem for her to wakeboard this summer! Also, more good news. we got the pathology report on Tuesday: Not Cancerous! It meant a ton for Rick to respond on the Moomba site, but just as much for all of the Moomba family that sent well wishes and prayers! My wife's 2 main concerns were: will they shave my head and how soon can I wakeboard... Good news.. No shave and by the time it is warm enough, she can ride again! This has been a tough 4 weeks since we found out about the tumor! God has taken REAL good care of us. We are going to make it through this. And by the time she can ride, I'll really be needing some time on the water! I have learned a few lessons in priorities lately too!
best to all,
Brad Webb
Madison, MS