Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
I just got my room/flight everything for my trip Jan 11-18th...

I've been only once before, only for 2 days - 1 night, so not much time was spent there, even less was sober...

Just wondering some of the great things to do, cheap thrills, hidden gems, etc etc etc....
Only planned thing is Miss America (fiance' is going to be there) which is Sat. from like 7-11p or something

I'll be there with a 3 others (1 being my fiance' who is broke right now, so I'm paying for her - and I'm certainly not rich).... all of us are 21-24 years old.

What should I do?!
Thanks everyone!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
If you are cost conscious during your trip (or even if you aren't), I would recommend going to "old Las Vegas" (Freemont Street Experience) walk around with a cocktail, watch the overhead light show and check out the cool fish tank with the waterslide through the middle of it.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       11-08-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
For dinner you have to go to Maggiano's (across the the Wynn, second floor). Its family style italian, 22 a person, alll you can eat. Very nice atmosphere and better food!
Old     (mattmatt300)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-13-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
just got back sunday and i kept it cheap. Founatins at Bellagio, Volcano at the Mirage, and the Sirens/Pirates show at Treasure Island are all free out front of their hotels and definitely worth seeing and you should be able to see them all in one night easily.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-13-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I just got my room/flight everything for my trip Jan 11-18th...

I've been only once before, only for 2 days - 1 night, so not much time was spent there, even less was sober...

Just wondering some of the great things to do, cheap thrills, hidden gems, etc etc etc....
Only planned thing is Miss America (fiance' is going to be there) which is Sat. from like 7-11p or something

I'll be there with a 3 others (1 being my fiance' who is broke right now, so I'm paying for her - and I'm certainly not rich).... all of us are 21-24 years old.

What should I do?!
Thanks everyone!
There are promoters in every hotel trying to get young good looking peeps into their clubs. Find a couple places you want to go and have your girl get you guys on the guest list. Prior to Wasted Space leaving the Hard Rock we would go there early in the day, my wife and her girlfriends would get us on the guest list and they would drag me along. I don't think I have ever paid to get into a club in vegas and I am just some random dude.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-13-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
We have some WakeWorlders in Vegas, Scott I know is out there. Great guy gave me a tour of the town when we where there. He's also a Chef so i'm sure he knows the best eats for cheap, heck he might even be able to hook you up with leftovers! lol

His screen name here is "Scotty D (jinxton)" Where you at Scott?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-15-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
There's a sushi restaurant ( Raw) up at the Fashion Show Mall that has cheap happy hour food from 5-7pm I believe. It was one of the cheapest and best meals the wife and I had while we were down there and it didn't cost us much at all.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up on the clubs.... she is a looker so she should be able to pull that off.....

love sushi so I'll for sure check out Raw

... the only thing I really remember from the last trip was the fountain show, but the others haven't seen it so I'm sure that will happen.... I also remember the pleasure pit.

One more question, my roomie and are dead set on hitting up at least one NICE strip club, being from central wisconsin the strip clubs usally consist of tater-hogs and the place themselves have a general feeling you'll get stabbed.... we figure it is a must while we are there. So which one(s) are good/great
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2011, 9:56 PM Reply   
have you already come to vegas? if not let me know, ive lived here my whole life, always down take fellow wakeboarders around.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-29-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
Yeah, sorry.
Went in January.... but looking at planning another trip or two.... maybe a summer one and another for January (Miss America time).

I actually just turned down two jobs in the Vegas area.... I ended up getting a way better deal and am able to live at home with this one, I figured it would be a great city to live in while I'm still young
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-30-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yeah it is a great city to live in if you can control yourself.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
Control is my middle name