Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old    murrayair            01-18-2009, 1:16 AM Reply   
I was driving around near Auburn today and decided to pay a visit to Lake Clementine for fun. While driving down that narrow, twisty road in my Civic, I found my self wondering how anyone gets a boat more than 10ft long down to the water. For those of you that ride on Clementine, is it really worth braving that tiny little road for a day out on the lake? And what do you do if you meet another car along the way? Backing up seems like it would be nearly impossible.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-18-2009, 11:03 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing Friday when I met some friends there. And that water is fricken cold!
But it was butter.

Thanks again UJ and Shon
Old    murrayair            01-19-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-19-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
NO Don't go it is totally lame!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-19-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
I passed a small pickup on the way down the hill. I have a F350 long bed and I had to 3 point the 15 mph corner with out a boat! Just be careful and it can be done.

How is Sly park res? Worth the drive up the hill?
Old    murrayair            01-20-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
Sly Park is almost totally empty. I've never seen it this low (at least for a long, long time). I would be very hesitant to put my boat in the water with all the shallow spots that have been exposed. I'll see if I can find a recent pic.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
I agree with steezyshots on Clementine.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       01-20-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
Yeah clemintine sucks always crowded, and tubers everywhere! you should go to folsom instead
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-20-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
The sign says 25 boat max on the way in right?

I wouldn't want to be on it with another boat.
Seems like it would get crowded quick.

A def. slice of heaven if you get it to yourself though.
Old    murrayair            01-21-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Relax, guys, I like my home lake, Sly Park, just fine. I won't be encroaching on your turf anytime soon. You guys can have that windy death trap of a road to yourselves, lol.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
Clem used to be good...Now its crap...wouldnt waste your time!
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
Ahh Clementine. Good times there. I rode there in my younger days on a kneeboard for over 2 hours straight.

I also had a near miss on that "death trap" road. Got to the bottom and was pulling up to the ramp, hit the brakes and they were totally gone. Had to use the E-brake to stop and was luckily on a flat service. Had overheated the brakes so bad they faded to nothing.