Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    xtremrider            07-05-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
I just bought a new board and binding set up after loosing my ricky G.
I bought a 05 transcend and team bindings. I have tried differnt binding positions and i still cant get comfertable on this board. i might have bought a board too advanced for me. I feel like i am going to lose edge on the begining of my cut and that it is a struggle to get my jumps consistant and i am not getting the hight i would like. I am not an advanced rider, pretty much limited to wake to wake grabs and 180's. my goal is to be landing 360's and at least 1 invert by the end of the season.

Anyone have a sugstion of a board i can buy to work my way up to this board?
Old    team909            07-05-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
i still think the belmont with a set of highbacks is the easiest board to just throw on and rip if your into 6 fin boards which i am i think you would like this setup, very soft and smooth on the landings and holds a great edge just my 2 cents demo it if ya can and tell us what you think

keep rippin
team 909
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-05-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
The Tsend is the most advanced board that CWB makes. It is super loose until it gets on edge. When I let friends try it they have to learn to gently drop on edge and build that edge progressively. When you dump the board on to an edge as fast as you can, it will feel like it is sketchy. It's a very poppy, ollie pop board. Slow your edge way down, come into the wake controlled, and actually ollie the wake (at the base, push your back foot down, front foot up). It pops harder than anything out there.
Give it a few more sets and slow down your edge.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
But you are an "Xtremrider".
Old    xtremrider            07-05-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
name came from dirt biking not wakeboarding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
I would continue on the Transcend and try to master that board. It might force you to learn proper technique. Socalrider has some great tips.

Take a shorter cut to the wake
Start edging gently and build a hard edge as you ride up the wake. If you're not get height you could be trying to pop to early, or flattening off of your edge. Work on edge and timing. That board should take you high.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-05-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
never ridden the transcend, but I try to learn on an aggressive board. TFD - just keep ridin it man. you'll get it. your fundamentals will be solid..
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-05-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Maybe try adjusting your stance?
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
i've got the 142? transcend. the board has huge pop & is very easy to break loose. you do have to ride this board a little more laid back than alot of other boards on the market. if your style is charging hard & fast then this may not be the board for you. i love it because i'm able to edge extremely hard without feeling like i've been shot out of a cannon. once you get it dialed in you'll go HUGE.