Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
hey all,

I am thinking to check out the lake martinez/ferguson area and would like some advise from seasoned vets that go there. I have heard you have to watch sand bars. Any advise were I should stay away, map info, best places to launch and ride. I am thinking to do a sunday-tues trip. Is it less crowded then. I did a search on wakeworld and not much info
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I love martinez. My buddy has a place out there. Ferguson is butter most of the day until some jack in a jet boat towing a tuber decides to get crazy! I haven't boarded at martinez lake yet, we usually go to ferguson and just out on the river. There is a place to rent trailers on the water at martinez for like $105 a night. It includes a slip and is right behind the bar! here is the link for them:

http://www.martinezlake.com/

I have stayed there, don't expect a five star by any means, just a bed, A/C, shower, stove. But you are right on the water, so it totally works. IM me if you have any other questions. My family is planning a trip again next month, maybe we will see you out there!
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info,

I got a PM that also recommended I just work my way up from Fishers to Ferguson so I will definately do that. My biggest concern is not hitting any sandbars, rocks, etc on the way as I am not that familiar with the area. (I am used to havasu/mojave)but I heard that conditions get epic down south. I am just going for a quick turn trip, getting there this Sat evening staying thru Monday. I already booked a room in Yuma but I will check out the cabins a Martinez for next time.
Old     (ryanandlea)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Sweet, have a good ride. Just follow the locals up and down the river to understand the sandbars.
Old    alanp            07-17-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
i live in yuma and ride there every weekend. definately come sunday thru tuesday if youre into riding(you'll have the lake to yourself pretty much). if you wanna party then come for the weekend. the bar there gets to be alot of fun and the sandbars are always a drunken good time.
you can stay in yuma or stay at the lake. there is alot of stuff you need to be aware of though so either hook up with someone that is out there or i can give you a quick tour once youre ready to hit the water. i recommend putting in a fishers too.
shoot me an email at rsgtrman@yahoo.com">prsgtrman@yahoo.com if want me to show you around.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-17-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
Also don't forget when drivng the 95 North obey the speed limit...cops out there will pull you over for anything
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-17-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
If you don't know where your going, wait and follow someone..or go slowwww ( it will take about 2 trips to learn where to drive and not too).....trust me.....it will save you 3K and keep your boat out of the shop for 6 weeks. P.S. if water is low look out for two rock bars in the channel @ ferg (going north the bars are on the left. Otherwise the place is EPIC
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Alan/Randy,

definately thanks for the good advise. yeah I really don't wanna risk putting my boat in the shop for 6 wks as I just got it and am finally working out all the bugs. Alan I'll send you a PM

ciao........LA