Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    agudom            12-03-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
i was buying a 2004 hyperlite premier dna, and while they were waiting to ship it, it sold out.
Now, im getting a 2005 premiere. Is it worth paying the extra 100 bucks for a DNA one instead of a biolite one?
thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-03-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
Now there's a question I've never seen before.

Most people will tell you it is not worth it. The Bioheavy, oop, I mean Biolite is the more durable board.
Old    agudom            12-03-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
SOrry!
dont yell! ive done my search
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-03-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Who was yelling?

J-Rod - Are you yelling at the newbies again?
Old    stillstandin            12-03-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Get the biolite...DNA not worth it..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-03-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
A little sensitive are we?

I thought the little smiley face/ smurk would indicate that I had a sense of humor. Yelling would have been this one right?
Old    dusty            12-03-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Biolite more durable? I think I would beg to differ. The DNA is far more durable. You are talking foam vs. wood here. Also the dna will hold it's snap for longer, whereas the biolite boards tend to get a little worn after a while.
If u are new, get a biolite cuz you won't really notice any difference between the two. But while I own a dna board, I still have a foam core that I use for sliders, just because i don't care if it snaps... Oh and I agree with you about the Bioheavy comment J-Rod...haha

Just my $0.02

(Message edited by dusty on December 03, 2004)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-03-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Agustin, if you're really a newbie I wouldnt recommend you to buy a 3 stage rocker board such as the Premier. neither less a DNA, but that's just my opinion.
Old    wakeagu            12-03-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
well, im not that of a newbie, i can do w2w hs fs, hs bs, ts fs &ts bs 180's and i land sometimes hs bs 360's
Ive been using a really crappy board and i wanted a board that would last the longes possible.
Ive got the biolite.
the dna was 70 dollars more. I still dont know if i did the correct choice.
Old    agudom            12-03-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
Hey jrod, im not sensitive, but after i looked in some old threads most of the first replies were something like: "search first "kind of
Hey lucho: Che lucho, como va todo? yo estoy feliz porque mi hermano se fue a usa y me va a traer una tabla y fijaciones! todavia no se si hice bien en elegir la de biolite en vez de la de dna, la dna estaba a 250 pesos mas cara, jeje. nocreo que va la diferencia, no? y elegi la premier porque no quiero solo una tabla para principiantes, y el 3 stage rocker es muy sutil asique no va a ser tan complicada creo yo.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-03-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
Con la Biolite vas mas que bien, a mi entender son mas duraderas que las DNA.
Que fijaciones estas usando? cualquier cosa escribime!.
Salu2
Old    agudom            12-03-2004, 11:44 PM Reply   
compre unas hyperlite parks 2004. Me GASTE TODOS mis ahorros de este año!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2004, 12:14 AM Reply   
99% de estes miembros del sitio web habla inglés. hable por favor en inglés. gracias.

A propósito, el dna es sólo bueno para jinetes profesionales.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-04-2004, 1:10 AM Reply   
no se'
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-04-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
jjejej good spanish joe, although we dont translate "riders" like that in Argentina, we call them "corredores" or "riders" too.
A "jinete" is someone who rides a horse.
Old    agudom            12-04-2004, 5:29 AM Reply   
haha, sorry joe! i know it was very rude from my part, but its just cool to meet somebody that speaks spanish and is from my country here!
itll never hapen again
by the way, "jinete" (as u put there translating the word "rider") its only used for HORSE riders, hehe, I just thought it was quite funny...
Old    agudom            12-04-2004, 5:30 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHA!!!! SIMULTANEOUS POST!!!!!!! AND ALSO SAYING THE SAME THING!
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-04-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Dear Dusty.....wtf are you smoking in order to say a dna is more durable than a biolite?!??! If you believe there is a significant differance in snap then you are a victim to hyperlite propaganda. I've ridden the same Byelry for years now and its the shizzz...even though I will get a new board soon it will not be a "more snappier dna" but rather a board that will be light and endure the beating of everyday riding. I dont know where you got the idea that a dna is stronger but in my EXPERIENCE a dna will break and flex far before a biolite and w/o slider abuse. I'm sooooooo over Hyperlite and will get a LF or CWB ABS.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
hahaha! i'm just playin' guys. although i do find it rude, i really was just givin' you guys a hard time.

as for "jinetes" and the rest of my spanish, i used a translator on the web. my girlfriend's chilean and wasn't awake to help me.

as for ringo's post, i agree w/ "victim of propaganda" if you believe they're more durable than biolite. keep in mind, the pros use biolite in tournies because they don't want to risk breaking a board during a tourney run.

disclaimer: i'm not really bashing hyperlite. i'm bashing their marketing department saying the dna is more durable than biolite.
Old    snoobs            12-04-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
word of advice: don't buy a 05, buy an 04 DNA off of ebay and save yourself some dough. same exact shape. the neon glows nicely. i like that yellow 04 non dna as well. if your hittin kickers and rails dont get a dna. if your not gonna, buy a dna and save yourself a little weight. I love my dna especially when hittin inverts.

(Message edited by snoobs on December 04, 2004)
Old    agudom            12-04-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
i already got the 05 biolite one
Old    snoobs            12-05-2004, 5:49 AM Reply   
DOH! your wallet must be a little flatter now...hehehehe
Old    agudom            12-05-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
i mean, i alredy ordered the biolite...
Cant wait till i try it, its goin to be my first "real" setup
Old    dusty            12-05-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Hey Ringo guess what...we are all adults here, and I really don't appreciate you talking down to me, telling me that I am a "victim of propaghanda." I have broken 4 biolite boards, and have not yet broken my dna. This is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. You have yours, let me have mine...hence "my $0.02."

Hey Dominguez, sorry for jacking this post I just had to make myself clear.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-05-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
"I'm sooooooo over Hyperlite" Ringo: don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-05-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Agustin, why not just buy liquid force or another company. LF makes their base models light, so their is no need to buy a 'dna' core. I know hyperlite gives you the option to choose, but at the same time I think the companies should stick to one standard that has the best performance. Why make the base models 8-8.5lbs, and then offer a 7lb model? Why not just sell the 7lb as the base model and leave it at that? You might think I ride LF, I dont, I ride a gator which is also light. But from owning many boards over the years, LF have always been the lightest, yet are durable.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-05-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Ohhh no im sure hyperlite will miss my business....what will they ever do! What they are loosing is riders in the industry who actually know how to and love to ride. keep on the bandwagon im sure your dna will give you the strength to have you hitting crow mobes and doubleup fives. Dusty if thats ur experience with biolite then I don't blame you but why would you not go to a different brand if your badass riding keeps making oyu break boards? your too hardcore.
Old    dusty            12-05-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
..nevermind

(Message edited by dusty on December 05, 2004)
Old    wakeagu            12-06-2004, 3:27 AM Reply   
well well, i know i should have researched a bit more, but you know, it was a bit hard.. Im in argentina and the only advice ive got was from here and from kit, a guy from buywake.com I was told about the advantages of the premiere and i think they fitted EXACTLY what i wanted, a medium type board with a subtle 3 stage rocker, etc, etc, and i had short time to order it and i went for it... Hopefully it will last long, because i dont know when i will be able to afford another board (or hopefully HL will guarantee my board even being in argentina)
But the best thing of this, is learning, its amazing how much ive learnt to buy a board and bindings, but another thing is personal preferences, and hopefully sometime i will find a board that adapts tomy preferences.
Old    zboomer            12-06-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
I bought a brand new '04 Premier DNA off Ebay for $199 a couple months ago. At that price, I couldn't pass it up. Biolite core boards usually go for more than that.

I love the board! Hot pink is cool.