Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    diamondjax23            03-24-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
How do you summerize your boat?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
CRAP
Old    g3revenge            03-24-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
start it on the trailer with the engine hatch open and run it up to operating temp ON THE TRAILER. check for leaks. after everything checks out, i slowly putter around 20 minutes until the oil is warm, shut it down and check the tranny and engine oil. if both are okay, gas it and hold on.

don't push it off the trailer until you are satisfied that everything is working correctly.

my 0.02
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-24-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
"summerize" - imo this is one of those loose terms George Carlin could use in his stand up. To me its more of a reminder to check things out. Not something that must be done, like winterizing!! Obviously older boats require more maint. than newer boats. give everything a good once over even before its in the water. Then follow thomas' advise. Don't forget the plug!! lol
Old    tommyadrian5            03-24-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
summerize is a term used for snowmobiles, as those vehicles are only used in the winter
Old    g3revenge            03-24-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
skidim has a good summerize/de-winterization punch list. i have had the float hang and flood the motor with gas and the typical stuck thermostat.
Old    00prostar205v            03-25-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Winterize properly at the end of the season. Then just put in the plug and enjoy come spring.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-25-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
My neighbor across the street took his out this past weekend.Didn't start it or anything,just drove right to the lake.Just like last year,brought it back in an hour.Had to put it on the charger,and actually start it in the driveway before he goes out next time.What a dumba$$!

Check it out before you leave the house!