Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (kalcotter)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-13-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
Looking into purchasing a new board/bindings toward the end of summer. I really want to research what would be best for me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been boarding for a few years so I’m not exactly a rookie, but I’m far from where I want to be. I have a Malibu with a tower, and I’m going to be getting some fat sacks or a ballast system also. I’m about 6’2” and 195 lbs. The most important thing I want out of my board is pop, I really want to start jumping higher. I’ve never had lace up bindings, but I’m thinking that’s what I should get.
Before this get’s too long, does anyone have any ideas, or do you need more info from me? I’m also wondering how much $$$ I’ll need to save up to get the right board for me.

Thanks!
Kal
}
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
By the sounds of things I would suggest a CWB Transcend! Maybe a 142........I think that is the current length. The board has great pop and pretty smooth landings......The board is not a super fast board though.........so you will have to work on your edging to get the proper wake jump that I know that you want.......As for bindings I currently have '02 Obrien System's and I love them..... I will probably end up with Transits by the end of the year. We had a pro come up a month ago to give us lessons and I loved those bindings. I also would maybe look into the 138 LF Substance or the 141. Both have really good pop. Good luck
Old     (kalcotter)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-13-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thanks Brandon, I'll look into that set up. Generally speaking which brand gives you more for your buck? LF or CWB... or is it pretty even?
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
hmmmmm that is more of a personal pref....My marina is a CWB dealer and are doing VERY well.....but then again I really like the LF substance board...As for bindings I would say LF has some of the best bindings out right now.....but as for the CWB/LF boards they would be about the same......but hey I'm still 90% of the time riding Obrien stuff ! haha but I'm slowly pushing my wife to agree I need new stuff! I just bought her a new CWB Lotus board and she loves it!!!!!! But she has LF Exo Suc bindings which she loves......so I will probably do the same setup......Marius board/LF Transit bindings.......Good luck.....some of these other guys/gals on here who ride these two brands mostly would have better info for ya......I've only ridden them a few times. Good luck!!!!!

(Message edited by sylv2080 on June 13, 2005)
Old    wickedwake            06-13-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
I ride the Transcend 142 with 05 LF Transits. I wont ride anything else.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Clay I definitely agree with you on the '05 Transits b/c the weekend I rode them they supported my foot amazingly *is that a word?*

I only rode the transcend once and I liked it, and one of my friends has the 138 and he LOVES IT. But with riding the Marius this past weekend I am a little biased.......I think it will be between the 138 Transcend or the 140 Marius......but no competition on the bindings! LF TRANSITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (kalcotter)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-13-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Thanks! you guys have been helpful... what do you mean when you say the board isn't that fast?
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
As I understand it, a slower board typically sits deeper in the water, plows more water and therefore needs a stronger edge to get the same speed as a faster board.