Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (mydawgs34)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
After many hours of reviewing wakeboards on teh internet and in stores, I thought I would turn to this group for suggestions.

About me. I am 38 year old guy who first got up on a board last season. I will ride almost exclusively on a calm lake behind a boat, and I probably will ride most every weekend from May through September. I am still a beginner at this point, but I hope to steadily improve with experience.

I am looking for a versatile board that I can ride comfortably now and will still enjoy as my jumps and tricks improve. As I often have guests at my place, I would also like something that other novice riders can jump on and enjoy - but a board that suits me is my primary concern.

I have been focused on the CWB Purse with the Torque bindings or the LF Trip with the Sphynx bindings. I am under the assumption that a continuous or hybrid rocker is what I need.

I am somewhat flexible on price, and I am more focused on getting a quality board I can hold on to for a while.

I have looked at others - the Ronix Vault in particular.

I would love to get the opinions of this group. Any suggestions would be appreciated.