Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (spadedout41)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
happened to me 4 times this year and after the first ... couldnt stand on my foot for a week then let it heel .. but here in michingan our riding is short so prolly didnt let it heel all the way and did it again..... trying tantrums and what not but HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS... WHERE YOUR FOOT GETS RIPPED OUT HARD BUT ONLY COMES OUT HALF WAY AND IT KILLS YOUR FOOT ... JUST WONDERING HOW YOU HEELED IT ????
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-20-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
What bindings are you riding in?
Old    joshpalma8            09-20-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
just rest your ankle and then look at trying some different boots
Old     (spadedout41)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
05 liquid force sphynx... im wondering if those HL binding with the velcro strap right across the foot would be a better set up
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-20-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Yes, a few years ago came up short on a TS backroll, foot came halfway out of my Belmonts. In Mexico at the time, limped around the rest of the weekend, got back to the U.S., went to the urgent care, X-rayed the foot, broken metatarsal (sp) bone. Out for 6 weeks. Just take it easy.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
I had this happen quite a few times wearing HL highbacks. I switched to Murrays and now Transits and it hasn't happened since.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
I've had it happen but never suffered injuries from it. I blame my technique on my tantrums more than the bindings though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-20-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
"im wondering if those HL binding with the velcro strap right across the foot would be a better set up"

That strap you speak of make it worse. When cranked down tight, you could end up with the same outcome. I did. This is why I like to come out on hard crashes.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-20-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yup about 2 weeks ago I landed a w2w jump and my foot rammed through the top of the bindings about 4 inches I was like what the hell.
Old     (spadedout41)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
mathewbird .... i can do tantrums and when i dont land one i dont blame it on my bindings ....hahha i was just saying this happens when i do them and dont land it .. USUALLY
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Not to hijak or anything but this is kinda related to that. I Ride 04 zeus' and I have never had any trouble with them. But last saturday i was throwing a tantrum and i landed i guess a little tail heavy, but i landed, and my left foot pops completely out bc it was kinda a rough landing then it swept one side of the board back while my body was still standing. Very scary but at least I'm only sore from it. And then monday I was doing a ts frontroll and I was edging hard to the wake and i guess i threw it to early and my right foot came out b4 i even left the wake. that crash was so hard it broke 2 of the little pieces that the laces go through. The thing about it is I always crank my bindings down tight.

(Message edited by dkmode34 on September 20, 2006)

(Message edited by dkmode34 on September 20, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Wes I had the same exact thing happen, one foot popped out as I landed and I just crumpled over the front. I could feel my leg that was in teh boot still torqing like mofo. Everyone in the boat thought I'd destroyed my knee/leg but I was fine. Scared the ish out of me.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
anyone have any 05 or 06 zeus they want to sell or trade an 05 transcend 142 for
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
I used to use the sphynx bindings. In my opinion they suck. I always encountered the same problem as you specially on tantrums. Solution, buy new bindings
Old     (spadedout41)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
manny ... what bindings did you end going with just outta curiousity
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Kyle,
Wasn't trying to give you a hard time or make it sound like you were blaming your failed tantrum attempts on the bindings. What i meant was that my foot comes out of my bindings when i throw a tantrum more behind me rather than straight over the top. I have landed with one foot comming completely out and have been able to put my foot back in while riding. This was back in 98 on some LF super suctions.
Old     (btr1)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-20-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Wes, I sent you a PM about some Zeus bindings

(Message edited by btr1 on September 20, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Ultras! Went from the heavy ass sphynx to the mega light ultras. The problem with the sphynx is that you can't really get them to tighten much on top and they dont have much ancle support.
Old     (spadedout41)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
its cool matthewbird, my bad kinda put my guard up hahaha but yea i wouldnt want that to happen and MANNY are you talking about the ultra suctions ???
Old    wgriz29            09-20-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
Not only did my foot get ripped out, but I tore all five ligaments in my foot. My doctor said that my foot probably bent at 110 degrees in the center of my foot, and the only thing holding it together at the hospital was my SKIN!!!! Also known as a Lis Franc dislocation. Three months later, and a whole lot of sitting around, i can wear a regular shoe with a special insert. My bindings are 05 byerly's. My next cab roll is going to be mentally challenging.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-21-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Brad,

Same exact thing happened to me on a tantrum attempt. I had my foot come halfway out of my binding and I felt a big thunk, LisFranc Fracture Dislocation. What a crappy injury. I did not have surgery and treated it with some alternative therapies and was back riding in 7 weeks. BTW, I was wearing Hyperlite Splits at the time, now I ride LF Sphynx and I really like them.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
I've only had it happen once since I've been riding with Hyperlite's and the Option 2 strap.

I had it happen on a Backroll after someone with large feet rode my board. I had enough time to think
"...uh..this is really bad...I'm going to roll my ankle when I land...can I bail out and crash head first?"

Then I landed and my heal set right back down.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
That used to happen to me all the time when I was using LF transit (POS) I would sprain my ankle and be off the water for a couple of weeks. I am now riding an '06 marius w/ Hyperlite 3DS. Awesome binding. great hold down and support. The best part: NO MORE ANKLE SPRAINS