Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
I have a 96 Sanger V210 and started noticing that water seems to be coming in through the transom when i slow down. There seems to be a space that water can get in directly about the rear tow hook. i have to stick my hand up in behind to actually feel the gap. Is this some sort of vent for the engine compartment? its not a big deal right now since we just run the bilge pump every now and then but we always have water in the bilge at the end of the day where my buddies all have dry bilge areas at the end of the day
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-28-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
get some Marine Gu and seal around all the areas where you have any fittings going through the transom.. easy fix
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-28-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   

quote:

By Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac) on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 8:52 am:

get some Marine Gu and seal around all the areas where you have any fittings going through the transom.. easy fix

Ya, easy fix if you want your transom to fall apart!

Post some pictures. You PROBABLY need to remove the bracket or fitting, reglass or epoxy the hole walls, and replace the fitting. Transoms often have through fittings in them that were done by some weekend warrior who failed to glass or epoxy the hole walls. Water seeps in to the actual transom area from this hole and deteriorates the transom....
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-28-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
The section he is speaking of is a hull vent where the top deck laminates to the bottom deck. They all get water in the hull if you slow down way fast, have it beached and rollers are hitting back or are weighted very heavy in rear. It is fine. Don't mess with it. I used it to run the Newt Juice gallon bottle spray hose through.

Upload
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-28-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
The picture explains everything...

I like that swim platform!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-28-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Don't chop the throttle. Ease off plane, then bump the throttle right before you go into neutral.
Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
excellent, i just wanted to make sure that the hole wasn't suppose to be sealed and if i was missing something in there.

Nacho, I will be paying more attention to those driving tips from now on