Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    xtremebordgurl            03-13-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Anyone have any experience or thoughts or opiniions on this boat? I am absolutley in love with it but my family wants to know if it will be a good family boat and not just a wake boat, and my thoughts are kind of biased just based on the fact that I would love to have a wake specific boat. So what are everyones thoughts? My family is into cruis'n arround the lake, swimming just relaxing basically, no water skiers in the family. Tell me what you guys think.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-13-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
That boat is so much fun. It has a huge interior and tons of space for family fun. It rides great in rough water and honestly is a superb family boat. High freeboard keeps everyone safe & dry and the ridiculous amount of space makes fam time great. Make sure you get the optional table. It's awesome to have for card games or whatever you want to do.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-13-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
I agree with Stephan...although my ownership goggles are a strong prescription!

My wife and I are the main users of our LSV but our family (parents, siblings, nieces and nephews) also takes the boat out a lot. We all wanted something that would be great for wakeboarding but also great for the family and kids. That is the reason we picked the LSV over the VLX or other similar models...the extra storage and interior room is really nice to have when you have a bunch of people on the lake for a whole day. The little ones love having the platform (coming from an i/o) to jump off of or just sit on and dangle their feet in the water. And for your sake, the wake is wonderful and will only get bigger with extra ballast. Good luck and try to demo it with your entire family present that will be main users of teh boat. That's what we did early last year. We took our family that would be using the boat together (6 adults, 2 kids) and demoed the VLX. We knew immediately that we wanted the bigger LSV and have been excited about that decision ever since.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-13-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
This should give you a gauge on the amount of seating in the boat...person on the left all the way forward on the passenger side and the people on the right all the way to the rear of the horse shoe seating.
Upload
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
This is a great family boat! I went from a 23 foot Crownline Bowrider to an '03 then '04 and now '06 LSV. We like to cruise a lot also. You will use a lot more gas cruising in this boat as compared to a bowrider. But, it is well worth it! Drives like a sports car!
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
also FYI the table is standard on a Malibu :-)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-14-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Malibu (IMO) is the best looking boat on the water. Nope I have never owned one
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
I saw that boat for sale on ebay for 25k. Knew it had to be a fraud...
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-16-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
Larzon, thanx I was just wondering about that. Thanx for all the feedback guys, this is really helpful, anyone have any more pics of their malibus? I think its a defenite go, now we're just working on color schemes, I'm soooooooo excited!!