Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Hey all, i have been working on this new clothing line for awhile and now have the first 6 styles out. The shirts are 100% Organic Cotton and have a nice soft fitted feel. Just want to get input from everyone. Thank you. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Do you want Feel Good feedback or Constructive feedback?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
What makes a shirt organic?
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
They look similar to LRG t-shirts except the first one
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Arun,
IS there a big market out there for Organic Cotton? What I mean is, are there people who are holding out on buying a T-shirt because it is not Organic Cotton? Also the designs are very plain and kind of generic. Maybe that is what you were going for but it is not too eye catching.
Anyway I hope you take what I said the right way, as I am not trying to put you down but rather give you honest feedback from a guy who buys a lot of t-shirts. Good luck in your venture and I hope it is successful.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-31-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
That second one is dope. You selling these? I'd probably buy a few
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
I am looking for constructive feedback.
Yes, there is a good size market for Organics cotton. A lot of the clothing companies already are adding organic products to there lines.

The first day I put these shirts in my store we sold 4 shirts with in the first hour. Thats never happened with any of the big companies that I carry. I have had great responses from the surf and skate side of things.

What makes the shirts Organic? Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticides and insecticides.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I like 3 the best.

5 is cool (I like the slogan) but I don't really like the big sun thingy in the middle. Its very close to being a sweet shirt
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Ok, so the same as organic food. But why organic t-shirts?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-31-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
^why not? Who cares
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Trapper, thanks for the input much appreciated.
Leo, check the link below this page has great info. I never new the impact and never actually thought about it until a friend opened my eyes to it. Some huge clothing companies are moving to full organic lines and plan to cut out conventional. Oh, and our shirts are all MADE IN USA!!! Here is the link that I mentioned above http://onnotextiles.com/
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
That's what I figured. I don't have anything against organic stuff. I eat organic food, I was just curious as how an organic tshirt would benefit people.
Old     (organicride)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
looks good . i have a longboard line called Organicride Custom Longboards. See @ organicride.com Longboards made with only organic hardwood products.
Old    alanp            08-31-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
arun i dont care for the use of so many different fonts for your "organics" logo. i would think you'd want a logo people can immediately identify. at least when youre starting out. once established maybe think of some other fonts.

i also would like to see you play on the whole organic thing. i.e. the tree alone, sans the bird and the ribbon would have been good. there are enough companies doing rhasta/rasta stuff. find a niche/theme and stick with it. maybe you have one i just see a bunch of different ideas when i look at this group of shirts. simple is usually always better for me when i buy tee shirts. good luck
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-31-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
They look great Arun. I'll buy one Rising Sun and one Tree, both in ExtraLarge (XL).

Where do I send my money?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
Roger, cool man. I could not get on the site for some reason. It's probably something I am doing.

Alan, thanks for your input. Each shirt is a different style, so we did not want to use the same font on every shirt. I have numerous people coming in to my shop asking me to carry their new lines and some are really good but the majority is just their name on the shirt or just the logo... no designs at all. Its not very hard to do that... that can be started in a day. Thats just my opinion though. Here are all the designs that we are going to be doing.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
the rising sun one, don't make the graphic a box. It looks like something that you could iron on. Try to make it blend with the tee. It'd be cool if you had the sun stripes continue in the current direction, not limited by the box...if that makes any sense.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
also, I don't know if those skaters like there shirts big or what, but I know most of the people I hang out with like a nice fitted shirt.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Benjamin, good input... thanks.
the skaters are wearing XL's and they should be wearing Mediums. They like their shirts big. Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-31-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Arun,

Need any team Riders? Myself and Colin Ryan are always down for supporting a growning company.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-31-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
I dont know man, good idea, but I dont know about organic stuff, pretty much like a scheme. I know you arent out there in the cotton fields, but how do you fertilize the cotton, what do and dont you use, is it really that much more green? I am not bagging on you personally just on the "organic" industry. As far as the designs go not bad but like everyone said make a label for your self and go on with that, take a look at oneill all their old stuff had a logo and they id'ed them selves with that and from there on they changed it little by little.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-31-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Arun- Those look really good... nice work on the designs! Especially 1-3 which I'd buy. I don't know why organicride.com isn't working, but heres a few pics of some boards till we figure it out.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
Andy, at this time I am working on a plan for a team. I want to make sure I have the right approach and have a tight team. Putting the team together is going to be one of the biggest challenges. I want influential, outgoing, professional mannered, not cookie cutter riders, riders that standout as being a bit different and ride different <--- I am still trying to figure out what that means. Riders really believe in the product and can promote, promote, promote. So if you feel you fit the standard... please contact me via email with information about yourself and how you can promote the product and help us grow. I have my eye on a few skaters and surfers but nothing with wake yet so don't hesitate to try. Thank you for your interest man! I appreciate it.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Tyler, are you selling these in stores? I would like to check one of these out and possibly carry them in my shop. Shoot me an email and let me know.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Arun keep up the good work stuff look killer. To me Organic (is more of a statement) by just being a little more aware of being kind to our planet.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-31-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Arun- Either I or my Roger will PM you with a few details soon.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-31-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
I like the stuff and not to sound like a tree hugger but using organic is good for business and the earth.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Squid and Ryan, thank you. You both are right.

Tyler, I will look for the PM.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-31-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
email sent.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Congrats Arun
They look great, let me know when you have some for sale to shops I will put them in my boys skate shop they look incredible.

SQUID
I was cleaning out my car htis week guess what I found those CD's you wanted in small.
I have em if your still game.
ITCH
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
Arun, those are looking really good! It's a bit of a trip down to SJ, so I trust you'll let us know how/when we can purchase through the mail.
I'm good for a few, for sure!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-31-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
octagon, sent you an email
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I liked this thread alot better when I thought it said (Orgasmic Clothing)!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
Arun,
I like the designs and the whole idea and concept. Congrats on going for it. The organics/enviro friendly market gets bigger every day.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-01-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
lion one is siick.. .the others are okay but i don't think i'd get em to be honest

does organic cotton feel different? or is it just for the fact its organic you buy it?