Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       06-27-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
So...Friday I'm flying to Vegas...playing the $1,500 NLHE event on Sat.

I played a $1,000 event last year and decided the 3,00 starting stack was too small to be effective for my playing style and I decided that paying an extra $500 for 50% more chips (4,500) would be worth it, as I found if you lose 1-2 pots at 3,000 you start to feel desperate...although...I did grind away last year for over 8hrs....I missed cash by 70-80 players in a heat of 2200 I think 300 cashed and advanced to day 2...

So...what do you guys think is the best way to play an event where you start with 4,500 chips starting at 25/25 200-300 players with hour long levels? ABC poker just playing premium hands and wait for the field to thin itself out? Or should I play a little looser and try to chip up by hitting some trap hands and taking advantage of the nitts?

Last year I played ABC, but never really got a run of cards. I think ABC until I chip up (hopefully) then play a little more aggro if I have the chip cushion is probably the best...but I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts.

My style