Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wkbrder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-05-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
When we purchase our new boat, we will be purchasing a set of tower speakers..Has anyone heard, seen, the Sampson sports new HLCD speakers?? Give thoughts please...Of just reccomend what you would go with.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-05-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
they are chrome exile speakers i think samson makes the cans and mounts for both and exile provides the speakers
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-05-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
I have heard the Samson S7HD Speakers at their factory on an X-Star and they are loud and clear. I guess they have a new amp for them but I don't know much about it. I have purchased several sets of focals and racks from Samson before and just got some swivel double wakesurf racks from them.

The fact you can remove the speakers to prevent theft and also rain damage is a real plus.

(Message edited by Packrat on February 05, 2010)
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-05-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Rosy - I'm very familiar with the Samson Sports S7HD speaker. the straight talk is its exactly the same as the Exile XM7. You'll see many threads here on WW on it. It's not a copy or anything bad... quite the opposite. Samson and Exile partnered on the project. They provided their clamping expertise and Exile Audio provided the audio know how to design , build and manufacture the HLCD line of speakers, pods and hardware. End result is a Samson S7HD and Exile XM7.

Several guys here run them and I'll leave it to them to chime in.

If you have any questions about how they fit your new boat or the power you need to run them, shoot me an email to brian@exileaudio.com. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Samson has both the chrome and a limited number of the black cans. Yes, they are the Exile XM7's OEM for Samson, they are called S7HD.

I believe that Samson has the patent on the "quick-release" clamping system and Exile has the technology on the speaker design.

We have the XM7's on our boat and when we purchased the Samson boardracks they plugged in 4 of the chrome speakers on the tower to see what they would look like and they sounded identical.

Top notch product. You wont be disappointed in either the craftsmanship or the sound.

http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboard_tower_speakers.html
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-05-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
PackRat - in on the amplifier is here:

http://exileaudio.blogspot.com/2009/12/exile-limited-edition-marine-amplifier.html

Should be available by: March 1
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Rosy, you should definitely look into Wetsounds if you're open to looking at different types of speakers.
Old     (wkbrder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-05-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Brian, what is a cost on the speakers..I just checked out the web site..
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-05-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Samson costs 849 black / 899 chrome and that includes the neo storage cover sox.

Enjoy
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-05-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
wetsounds all the way thay sound great.Plus thay are proven in the marine enviroment.The tech support is top notch.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-05-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
I've had 3 sets of 485's and I love them. No problems whatsoever. With the SYN4 amp, they SCREAM.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
I have 2 pair of the Exile XM7s being powered by 2 Exile Xi800.4. They are a great sounding speaker with amazing sound quality. They seem to provide more mid then what I have heard from other tower speakers I have owned. I like the fact that I have no wires showing because of the way there clamps are designed. Brian and the rest of the guys from Exile provide exceptional customer service before purchase and after.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-05-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Throw in Bullet Hollow Point 770's. They easily compete with any of these on the list - and are on the lower end of the price scale.

Everybody loves the way that they sound, and volume isn't an issue with them.

They also, like wakemaker points out regarding the WS, have been proven in a marine environment. I would guess that Tim from WS will be hard to beat in the tech environment. He truly is a stand out type guy. And, as you can see, people love his products.

Ideally, it would be awesome to compare them all side by side. I have never seen a shop that has such a setup (not that one doesn't exist)

I bought the 770's based on their sale price (like 700 bucks for chrome), and would do it again.
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-05-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
I have been comparing tower speakers side by side for the past week or so. Exile is my favorite of the HLCD's for quality engineering, value, and sound quality.