Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old                07-04-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
I've just been introduced to wakeboarding and I had the chance to go cable wakeboarding twice for a short period now. The first time was painful for a short week but especially after the second time I can't wait for the next time anymore!

Before I'm going to go for it again, I decided to read up a bit first. Because of the cable I have to deal with almost 90 degree corners, which all have been very painful so far ;-)
When standing I can't think of anything else than to prepare for the corner to come, leaving me with almost no time to play around with the steering basics. Because of this I was trying to find me a basic tutorial dealing with this matter. Almost all tutorials I was able to find seem to leave out this part though. They all go from standing straight to the tricks. Can steering be considered that self-explanatory? It seems to me that it's kind of an essential part of wakeboarding, isn't it? ;-) I can imagine that talking about such things isn't the most exciting thing to do but I think it will be highly appreciated by fellow beginners.

Are there tutorial available which cover this matter? Can you give me some basic info so I know a bit better what my options are before I start going for headaches again? :-D

I hope you can enlighten me, many thanks in advance.