Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-19-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Sorry If this question hsd been asked already I am kind of new to this site. I have to say I absoultely love it. But I am looking at getting the ronix ibex. What is everyones input on this board. I am used to riding a continous rocker and progressive. I am not the best riding due to the fact that living in Fricken Iowa there is not alot of places to learn. But I love this sport and will continue to keep chasin it over and over and over again unitl I finally get consistent on that easiest invert called the backroll that I have been tryin to land for teo years now. Yeah you got it right I am ok with admitting that I suck. But there is only one way that I will get better I guess!!!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-19-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
My opinion on the IBEX is it is a board for everyone. The board is very easy to ride and has a huge amount of effortless pop. The only thing that I do not like about the board is that it is a bit slow for my taste, but that's me. My advice is to go demo one and see if it's what you like. I noticed in your profile that you ride a Valhalla (sp?) , the IBEX will be alot different from it as far as the handling goes.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-20-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
I love mine, not my favorite board ever, but a close second
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
I'm selling my ibex if anybody wants it, its only been used a few times never hit rails or sliders on it, I just cant ride it. Again its in perfect condition.. besides the bottom because of riding on the water a few times, I might have used it 4 times thats all. I'm selling it for $250.00 anybody is interested please send me a PM Thank You..
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Size is a 139 sorry
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-20-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
so what don't you like about it..?
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Has to sharp of a rail on the sides. It just doesn't feel right when I edge on it and the pop is czy its huge but its like his other board stright up then stright down its not floatie.. Thats abt all I can tell you.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
has amazing pop and can really hold an edge, but a little slow for my taste.

im on the ONE personally.
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
yea same here.. The one, its a awsome board no disrespect though on parks board I just dont like it.
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-22-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
Jeremey just try mine out somtime
Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-22-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
brett how long was yours again! If everyone is saying this board is so slow wouldn't a short board for a taller heavier guy make it even slower. I know you loved the pop you got off yours maybe I should just see if I can demo one That hard with scheels though they don't let that happen very easy
Old     (fro169)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-22-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
The guys i ride with ride cwb,lf,gator and when they ride my 139 idex they dont even want to use their boards the rest of the day! the board is all around the best one out. Dont take my word just try it
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
luv the pop. I ollied atleast a foot higher with that then when i had my watson. shooo niceee
Old     (brttkrz)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-23-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
Jeremy mine is a 139