Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
this is my first time ive ever been to a cable park. Little different than being behind a boat. The guy doing flips out in the flats, I have no idea who he is, but it adds to the vid.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
Where's the link to the video???
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-05-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, where's the vid? I had my first pull at Orlando's cable park this Wednesday. By today, I'm pretty sore. 2.5 hours at the park is a lot different than 2.5 hours on the boat ;-)

Biggest drain is just having to remove and replace yer bindings EVERY fall. Think that probably tired me out more than 1) landing on my back off the tall kicker, 2) sliding on my back across the box slider without letting go of the rope, or 3) the TS ollie half-cab to edge catch to face plant.

Would love to download a clip so I can show the wife and kids!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-06-2004, 2:07 AM Reply   
john, give the man a clip!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-06-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris. Hey, there are a few clips on the OWC site that show the box slider and the little kicker deal. Wanted to show them the gettin-up thing, rounding the corners and the big white kicker. Never did get enough balls to try the real sliders.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/media/ss3run.wmv
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-08-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
There's the thing. That boy's bustin it ;-) I've been telling everybody the kicker's like 6-foot tall, but unless that's Shaquille riding, it's more like 5'. Felt pretty big going up, but not coming down. Hardest part was NOT edging up it and not really popping, either.

Thanks for the vid! Looks like the cable might have been running a little slow? Around the back side, it felt real fast to me.
Old    sbvfive            11-08-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Hey John nice run at SS3!! Looks like you were trying a 7 off the camo there, even though they called it a 5. Nice!! Anyway, hope to see you out a ODub soon, I should be down there this coming Saturday.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hey Scott, thanks. You and another guy were the only ones that caught that. I lost the handle and didn't have nearly enough rotation. I hadn't been practicing the seven but the competition was so tough that I just figured I had to try.

Derek, that's my complaint about the kicker that it's too long and doesn't have enough pop. Plus if I carve hard into it and keep my weight forward the seam snags my board and throws me forward.

I've got some good video of a lot of the tournament. I'll get it edited and post it.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-08-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
I was getting stoked watching the wakeskaters hit that kicker. John, didn't realize that was you - nice run! I like the roll off the little kicker and the blind one over the trash can. I wanted to try my new backroll but had no idea how to throw it - shoulda watched your clip before going :-)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2004, 6:26 AM Reply   
Here is a 6 1/2 min video (19MB) of the tournament. The video is 320x240 compressed with Windows Media 9. 325Kbps video and 64Kbps audio. Nothing fancy with the editing, but it's all trimed down so you get 100% of the good stuff.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12791