Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...heriff-to.html

be good out there kiddies!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-09-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
A $32,000 grant from the state will be used by the Yolo County Sheriff's Department to purchase personal watercraft for rescue and enforcement.
By Bill Lindelof

I thought the state was broke. Where in the heck did they find the funds for that. Then $32k should be 1-2 boats.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-09-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
just don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
thanks papa umali. your words are wise and true.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-09-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Easier said then done... if some guy is wading in waste deep off a beach with car access, there is a 100ft 5mph zone. When there are three beaches right through great riding areas, stopping, pulling in the rider, etc is a pain in the arse!

-Uj
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
just don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.
Well... It all depends upon that time of month for them also. Today might work to do something with the Popo in site and starring at the boat. Then the next day with the same popo, they pull you over.

Easier said than done IMO. And the main reason why I prefer other bodies of water at times.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm all for it ! They usually hang out south of I-5 and around old Sac, Keep the idiots in check hopefully.

UJ the Sutter county guy's are by far the worst to deal with ! I better find out the H2O patrol deputy's and kiss ass now !

I'm cool with the DA's maybe I can name drop if needed...lol
Old    kaligirl            03-09-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
"The department's Marine Patrol Section had applied for the funding from the state Department of Waterways to buy Honda AquaTrax personal watercraft and an inflatable boat. An AquaTrax F-15 lists for $13,000 on Honda's web site.

The department has three patrol vessels for most enforcement activities. Personal watercraft, however, are quicker and more maneuverable vessels than patrol boats."

It sounds like they're buying PWCs to (hopefully) monitor PWC activity on the river. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to ticket a boat operator but I'm glad they've realized that PWC operators need some serious monitoring. Anyone who launches regularly at Garcia Bend knows what I'm talking about. Last year some A hole on a three seater took out my 11 year old while she was wakeboarding by passing within 15 feet of her.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Kathleen, i am a regular at Garcia as well, and there are so many idiots on jet skis right around the dock. sometimes i will retaliate.
Attached Images