Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Tell all the boat manufactures why you would make a good promo boat driver. Do not mention what boat you have now or what boat you want. Im posting this in order to grow the sport. So whats involved? The answer is a lot of hard work, travel, and money. So here is whats expected:

1. You buy a boat at the promo price. This transfers liability from mgf to you.
2. You provide insurance coverage.
3. You pull your boat to wakesurf events and are expected to help set up, officiate, tear down, and most importantly pull the event.
4. You are expected to help promote and sell your product and keep you boat showroom new.
5. Flip the boat every year and purchase a new one at a reduced price with promo factory incentive. You will be getting help from your local dealer and factory. You may loose money or break even but it keeps you in a new boat every year.

Give us your post of why you could do it? They will be watching
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
This is what I do except the promo boat thing.

1) I bought an '06 couldn’t swing the promo price
2) I have USA Water Ski event compliant insurance
3) Last year my season started in April and ended in December snow. I pulled my boat all the way from Tennessee to Indiana, I'll be in Michigan this year - Family thing. I organized the first event Nationals - Thanks Chris. I organized events from competitions to Surf and Turfs. I co-authored and edited rules and training materials. I know how to tweak a surfing wake and boat.
4) Have you ever heard of the Mighty …. or the Mighty ….
5) My wife would freak out about seeing a new boat every year. Think in terms of Hagar the Horrible. I went to five boat shows this winter.
Old    surfdad            05-06-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
How many flat tires Ed? :-)

I (we thanks Dennis) got Del to free surf for the first time, plus a ton of other folks.

Upload

My kid rides like this and I post more pictures than Ed goes to boat shows :-)

Upload

I go to every wakesurf event everywhere already, might as well get a boat out of the deal. :-) Everywhere from CA to FL and it seems all points between.

I organize or assist in organizing all those contests.

I am one of those co-authors.

I have the club/non-profit mutual benfit corp, etc.

I won't get foam in the boat (hardly at all). :-)

Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Man I don't know if I'm going to make any more EPS boards. I spend more time cleaning up than shaping.

The flat tires just go to show how much I'm on the road. Two flats and three new tires so far this season. I just took the boat trailer in. Looks like the oil bath bearings getting to much road time. Jeff you had better start working on catching up.

Jeff forgot to mention his over head add space. All in good fun, all in good fun.

Upload
Old    surfdad            05-06-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I completely forgot! :-) LOL too funny Ed.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-06-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
6. have photo and video implants in hands.
7. 20 years of industry experience including professional athlete, team manager, marketing consultant, photographer, videographer, product designer, and overall boardsport dork.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   

Nice one Ed !!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
That's what you get when you declare there should be a prize for the oldest, baldest, furthest traveling wakesurfing contestant. Jeff was a very good sport.

Judy got the prize for having to live with the oldest, baldest, furthest traveling wakesurfer - http://www.anthony-thomas.com/store/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=54&reviews_id =22&osCsid=6c4f2ba16c40cc67af76a77585674f07

Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with The Ohio State University nor Anthony Thomas Candies.
Old    surfdad            05-07-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
What about the prunes you awarded me? You have to be affiliated with the grower! :-)