Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    sputnic6            07-02-2005, 5:29 AM Reply   
My wife and I just moved to Ellicott City and we are looking to get out and wakeboard with the locals here. I don't have a boat yet, but I would love to get out and meet new people.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-02-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Theres a couple of us out here. Ive heard there are some on the south river. lots of peopel on the severn river. Couple on the magothy and i ride some on the Patapsco with some other friends. Theres alot around. Mostly near annapolis
Old    dclems            07-02-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Ellicot City is relatively close to Eric and me, just a little journey down route 100 east to where we ride, this weekend is no good for riding though.
Old    blumperkan            07-03-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Whats up MD boarders. I live in Towson. I like to launch from Dundee Marina and board around that little cove around the powerplant. I board on a little 1977 run-about with a 70 hp outboard. My dad and I built our own tower that works pretty effectively, but looks downright ghetto. I can do tantrums and other tricks, but it is certainly not easy on my little, underpowered boat. If anyone out there with a nice ride would like to give me a pull, i'd be more than willing to give some instruction to beginners, fill your boat up with gas, and bring plenty of beer. Help me out MD boaters, I NEED A GOOD PULL!

daverogoza@yahoo.com
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
if you don't mind a little road time, dam 4 and dam 5 in Washington county. Two awesome stretches on the potomac. We are there several days a week. If you happen to have a flexible work sched, you can get up there on weekdays and have the whole river to yourself. Probably take you a little over an hour to dam 4. Life is good. We just spent the last 4 days on the water there. from early morning to late evening. gets a little busy on weekends though, but it has been very good to us.
Old    dclems            07-04-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
Dave, I go to school at Towson and have an apartment in Cockeysiville. I do most of my riding behind Eric's boat, the second guy that posted on here, so I can't really invite you but we've gone out to ride with several people we met on here. We usually ride either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday after work so around 5:30-6. It would be about a 30-45 minute drive from Towson depending on traffic.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-04-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
Nick youd def be allowed out on the boat. Plus where are the rest of the maryland riders. I was downtown annapolis tonight for fire works. There were two xstars, x30 a moomba mobius, malibus and a SAN just to name a few. I know there out there
Old    h60swimmer            07-05-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
I live in Southern Maryland...I go to Lake Anna alot in Va. and once in awhile around here...I haven't gone up north to Annapolis yet but I've heard good things...Is it salt water up there? I have two boats one a 88 ski supreme which is going to be for sale in a few weeks and I have a 92 Malibu.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Dan and I and a couple other people took a camping trip down there to Lake Anna. It was awesome. We camped a Christopher Run campground. We might be doing it again at the end of this month (dan need to talk to you bout that). Yes it is salt water.
Old    bronco991            07-05-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
Stay at Dukes Creek Marina at Lake Anna, its the best....It helps to say that my dad owns it, but really its awesome
Old    h60swimmer            07-06-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Hey Kyle do you have the blue Tige? I ran into a guy Scott) that knows your dad and he took me out on his Red Tige.....anyway I've stayed at Dukes Creek twice now and am probably going there again soon but I might check out Cristopher Run to see what its like...If you've seen me I'm the one with the Malibu with a pylon and a doberman riding on the engine cover....
Old    h60swimmer            07-06-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Hey Kyle do you have the blue Tige? I ran into a guy Scott) that knows your dad and he took me out on his Red Tige.....anyway I've stayed at Dukes Creek twice now and am probably going there again soon but I might check out Cristopher Run to see what its like...If you've seen me I'm the one with the Malibu with a pylon and a doberman riding on the engine cover....
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Hey all,

I live down in southern MD too. Near Solomons island. I ride on the pautuxant at least once a week. We have built a little crew there. everyone is welcome. I have a Moomba and I'm always looking for crew.

Also, we should all meet at Lake Anna. The mid atlantic wakeboard tour is at lake Anna this weekend:
http://www.glassandpowder.com/events.php?osCsid=17810caf051af38135e19b2f79cffbeb
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Nick and his Wife are good people to have on the boat....they always bring goodies and gas money and are very respectful......WE MISS HIM HERE IN NC!!!!!! COME BACK NICK!!!!!! For real though, hook this guy and his wife up with rides because I know they sure are missing Falls Lake afternoons!!!

Nick,
I am missing Falls Lake...but I have Gaston now so no worries.....Matt sure is upset that his crew all moved away. Give all your old peeps a shout out on EORG sometime and let us know your alive and doing well!!!

Nate-O
Old     (djhuff)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-07-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Nate-o is right, my whole crew from last summer has moved away and it has been tough replacing them.
Nick is definately fun to watch and have on the boat.
Old    h60swimmer            07-07-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
I am going down to Lake Anna for the weekend July 30th I am going to check out christopher run. Lets all hook up....Glen where do you ride? I am going to head over to Breton Bay during the afternoons this weekend if its not raining.
Old     (gobigscott)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-08-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
Come down this Saturday and meet a TON of MD wakeboarders at the Lake Anna Mid-Atlantic Wakeboard Series:

http://www.glassandpowder.com/events_info.php?event_id=18

Seeya there!

And don't forget the sale this weekend ONLY at Glass & Powder:

Sale weekend at Glass & Powder!
Old    bronco991            07-08-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
Yea Mike, Thats us with the Blue 22i. Yea Scotts my dads friend..He's the coolest drunk I know hahahah but yea hes awesome
Old    dclems            07-09-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
group of us might be heading down to lake anna the last weekend in july staying at christopher run, i saw some people might be going as well.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-09-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Dan im pretty sure it's gonna be a go!
Old    dclems            07-10-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Thats good news, especially since I already took off work.
Old    h60swimmer            07-11-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
I too am going to be there that weekend 29th-31st if I can get Friday night off if not I will leave Sat. morning..I'll be staying at Christoper Run ..I'll see ya all there..
Old    sputnic6            07-11-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Sorry that I haven't replied for a while. I've been pretty busy with work and haven't had a chance to get on here. Thanks for all the replies and invitations!! I can't wait to get out with all of you. Just shoot me an invitation and I'll be there. Unfortunately I was rock climbing last weekend and cut my finger up pretty bad. So, I'll be out of anything for about a week. But this weekend I should be good to go if anyone is heading out!! Dang, I miss the crew in North Carolina (good times 'sniff'). Anyways, thanks again for all the ivitation and I can't wait to meet all of you.

Nick
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-12-2005, 5:03 AM Reply   
Hey mike,

I will be at Smith Mountain lake the 29th through the 30th teaching my nephews to ride. I'm definately up for a trip sometime though. Also we ride a few times a week on the pautuxant. Come out and ride.
Old    h60swimmer            07-12-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
That sounds cool glen..I like going to Bretton bay there are no jelly fish plus the water is really smooth in the afternoons...were do you ride in the patuxent? What are you doing this weekend?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-12-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
Hey Nick,
Just get your tail down for Hyco!!! You can also get your tail down for GnP at Gaston later this summer.
-Nate