Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (airbesar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
I've been away for a couple of weeks. Has this bill been hammered on yet? It's clearly intended to stop teak surfing. But it also prohibits operation of the boat motor within 20 feet of anyone in the water. That makes it pretty hard to launch and pick up riders. But it also appears to be prohibiting wakesurfing with that language. You can search for the text of the bill at http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery. The bill hasn't been assigned to committee and won't get its first hearing until after March 20. I would think it could be amended to fix this glitch but the author needs to hear that there is a problem in the bill as it is now written. The author's name is Koretz. I can put up contact info if this subject hasn't been covered yet.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-06-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/99743.html?1077654892
Old     (airbesar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks - I searched for 2222, the number of the bill, on the forum before I posted - it looks like no one used it in the thread so I missed it. I should have looked a little harder.

When the bill is assigned to committee, it would be worthwhile for folks to write to the chair of the committee. I'll put that up when the info is available.