Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-22-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
I have ordered an 05 210 Team and am considering my options for upgrading the whole system (or perhaps only parts, not sure yet). The boat obviously comes with the Clarion XMD3. Can someone please post pictures and/or descriptions of how they pit a single DIN HU in the stock location?

I already know the basics, I replaced my OEM WRX HU (double) with an Alpine (single)and a Legacy pocket. I am not sure of the mounting hardware in the boat. Is it just a sleeve like a car, which would be easy, or is it something else?? Thanks for your help.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-02-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
Has anyone replaced the OEM Clarion XMD3 with a single DIN headunit in a late Correct Craft??

Has everyone just kept the OEM HU???

I have some new info from PlanetNautique.com:

XMD3 is single DIN with an oversized face.
A simple swap will leave a cosmetic issue where the over-size face used to be.

If you did get a different HU, how did you deal with the issue described above? Custom glass backer?? Do you have pictures?

Do you think CC could make the hole smaller to better fit a single DIN HU done at the factory??

Please help if you have info.

Thanks.

(Message edited by tdeneka on December 02, 2004)
Old    whitechocolate            12-02-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
The Clarion XMD-3 is a Single Din. The face plate of the XMD-3 is a din and a half, So when you slide your Clarion out you will find a single din. Im not sure how much your new HU will cover so you might have to make a face plate or not depending on what it looks like under there. The good news is it will side in and most of the work is done. The XMD-3 is held in by 4 bolts at the corners whe you open up the cd flap you will take off the plastic side covers that hide the bolts these will be where you might want to secure your head unit.