Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
I've finally made my decision to get the VLX, I was just wondering what options have been worth it or not worth it. I'll post pics when it's in, (5 to 6 weeks, ohh so long)
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-29-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
On the vlx a lot of options come down to personal preference...Since it is for boarding and you want low end torque go with the monsoon or hammerhead (the new monsoon statistically has more torque and runs great). I put the pop up bow light on and a lot of the boats that go through the marina I work at go with that as well. The Wakeboard package is also really nice ( I personally did nto get this since I put my own system in and wanted a teak platform). The stainless docking lights look great, and the additional stereo remote is also nice. For a marine reciever the jbl is very nice and when amped shows no distortion till max volume which is great...I can't remember the rest but that is a good start.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
Here's my list of must haves:

Perfect Pass
Bolster Seat
Pull out cleats
Docking lights
Bimini Top
4 Infinity Speakers
Battery Isolator
3 vent heater

Check out this article for a complete options list. We'll have suggested packages up shortly on the site.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       01-29-2003, 9:43 PM Reply   
I use the hot shower and the heater a lot, the silent ride muffler is nice, I dont have cleats, but I would not mind having the pop up cleats, Strongly reccomend PP.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
The VLX comes standard with Silent Riders, BTW.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
To clarify it is the wakesetter VLX, and so far we are pretty sure that we are getting:
Bimini Top
Flip up seat
Perfect Pass
Sunbrella cover
Wedge
Heater
2 sets of pull up cleats
Stereo upgrade (The dealer does a tower box similar to the san box done on the other thread)
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Oops forgort the fiberglass swim platform
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2003, 10:20 PM Reply   
Nice, sounds like you guys have things pretty well dialed. I would recommend skipping the factory offered cover and go aftermarket. You'll get a better cover that can actually be used for things other than storage.

You might want to check with the factory on the pylon too.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
do you like a brand in particular Jason
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-30-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
Chad, I would get the boat without the factory stereo and have a local stereo person that you trust install the system. That's what my dealer here does and I have a killer stereo and it's cheaper. You can check out mine on Malibu Boat Owners.com! What color ya gettin? Good Luck! Careful on that fiberglass platform cause I saw one that had scratches and they are hard to repair! I have all the goodies on my boat that you are looking at getting! One sweet boat!
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-31-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   

Chad, I agree with Mike Go with the stock stereo when ya order her up, what they charge you for the upgrade you should be able to have a stereo shop do you RIGHT. I have a 00 VLX and thtas what we did, Sounds like you have her all dialed in & look forward to seeing some pics. Oh Go with BOSS for your tower speakers, Don't kidd your self, everyone out there is trying to copy them.

Mike@wakeon.com
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-31-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
These are the options I ordered on my VLX:

Sunbrella premium boat cover with pole, Perfect Pass Digital Wakeboard Pro, Heater - 3 vent, Infinity subwoofer with built in amp, JBL single CD stereo w/4 Infinity speakers, Wedge (complete), Flip Bolster Driver's Seat, Pull up cleats (2 pair), Wakeboard Racks, Shower, Dual Batteries w/ switch, Prop upgrade, Two or Three-tone striped bimini, Depth Finder.

Trailer & options:

Boatmate single axle trailer w/torsion axle & oil bath bearings, Low profile tires, 5200 lb. Axle, Swing away tongue, Spare tire bracket, Boat buddy, Spare wheel w/low profile tire.

I considered doing the stereo after-market, but the speakers need to be installed at the factory because of the windshield. Total (discounted) cost for the whole system was $1,100 vs. $300 +/- just to install the speakers by themselves.

Can you get a head unit and amplified sub installed for $800?
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-01-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
The cutouts for the front speakers under the windshield are now put in even if you don't get speakers or stereo from the factory, which makes an aftermarket install possible without taking the windshield off like you used to have to do.

flip-up bolster
2-pair pull-up cleats
heater
wedge
Perfect Pass
My .2$
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-01-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
the options i got on my wakesetter LXi are as follows:

cover
pop up cleats
bow lifting eye
3 outlet heater
4 infinity speakers
perfect pass digital wakeboard pro
black chrome bezels
swoop tower
wedge
cover (modified by dealers cover guy to add cut outs and snaps for the tower)
silent rider mufflers
if extra engine box insulation was an option i got that too (can't remember)

had dealer put in an Eagle fish finder. this was for more information about depth than a little numerical readout gives you (contour) it is tucked away out of view of everyone except the driver

i put in memphis amps, infinity perfect 12 subs, and a jvc mp3/cd player.

i also got a single axle SMP trailer.

can't think of anything that I did not order that I wish I would have ordered.