Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-13-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
This boat was on display in Nashville last weekend at the Music City Wakefest. Major changes are the tower, wedge system, fiberglass platform, and windshield.

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-13-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Not usually a enzo fan but it looks good with some nice changes.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-13-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
ohh, that's nice! I like it, looks like they pulled from alot of other tower ideas for that one. The boat looks good!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Looks like a riped off haggered malibu
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-13-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
This is what you get when your designers spend the whole year watching Malibu on the other side of the airport runway with binoculars. Hey Lopes, I see you!! Nice Boat Man!!
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
good thing they don't match Malibu's prices
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-14-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Have you priced the '06 Enzo?
They're pretty close.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
honestly I have not. But I've visited both my malibu and centurion dealers on the same day (they're within 1 mile of each other) and the prices I was hearing were very different.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
The side profile look like a BU, the bottom (hull design at the transome) looks nothing like one.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-14-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
Looks like Centurion did some selective tower breeding between the Illusion and the Titan, and the new Enzo tower is the offspring.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2005, 6:21 AM Reply   
Looks good. I like the color scheme too. The tower would have to grow on me, but I do like it. I like the fiberglass swim platform also. Just wish it was a little bigger. I do like the classic clean look.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
They are looking good, props to Centurion for taking it up a notch. It does resemble a Malibu in a way.
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Ryan, Did you say breeding or inbreeding? That tower is hideous. Centurion needs to make up their mind if they want a cast tower or a tubular tower. One of the worst tower butcher jobs I have ever seen!
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
At least Metcraft did a decent job on the Illusion for Malibu. Centurion is trying too hard to resemble Malibu.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
The more I look at it the more I like it.
I never did like the backwards thing on the BU's
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
the new enzo tower looks like a cross between the x-star and illusion x tower. not in a good way.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
I like it. I looked at it hard on this boat and it is the most solid tower I have ever seen. As far as whether you like it or not, that is why you can still get the old tower. This tower is an upgrade.
Old    bruky__            08-16-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Reminds me of a mermaid.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-16-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Why can't Centurion make a normal sized deck? The decks they put on their boats have to be the industry's smallest. Ours is tiny as well.

I don't mind the tower as much as the back of that boat, I think it looks horrible.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2005, 1:03 AM Reply   
I don't like malibu's tower, but for some reason I like that one. Good to see Centurion making some unique changes.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2005, 5:33 AM Reply   
Nick what are you talking about????
"Why can't Centurion make a normal sized deck? The decks they put on their boats have to be the industry's smallest."
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
he's talking about the swim step
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
ohhh now i get it I thought he was talking about the boat deck. I guess the platform could be bigger?? I have never had a problem fitting on mine
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
is it just me, or does it look like the back of that boat will sit way to low in the water? Maybe the rub rail turning down is creating that illusion, but, it still looks like it will sit low with 1000 pounds back there.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-17-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I think its a good looking boat. Couple of questions though..

1) How does the Bimini deploy? The way it is sitting it looks like it would actually be deployed forward of the drivers seat, vs over it.

2) Is that wedge system missing something?...like the wedge part. There seems to be a shaft with some hydraulics on it, but no wedge fins

IMO I like the tower, very unique and has a good flow to it.

The swim step could be larger. I was behind an 04 Supra SSV and that platform was very large (plus had a grab rail around the edge). I would almost like to see it the width of the boat.

Id like to see how it sits in the water under ballast load. That rubrail looks fairly low.

my $.02
Old    4sher            08-17-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
I have an 05 Enzo and put about 1500 lbs on the port side to wake surf. The rub rail is just touching the water with that much weight. Also, the pic doesn't show the "wedge part". It connects to the arm that is shown in the pic and hangs down like a rudder with the foil at the bottom.
Old    jobe            08-23-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hows the wake?
Old    supra_herman            08-25-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
the tower looks like they ran out of alluminum to finish the tower so they used parts from another tower
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-25-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
my $.02
Functionaly, I really like the tower because:
-cast alum very stiff
-tow point approx 2 feet behind the board rack (way better then the Ill. X)
I would however have the finish on the tube part match the cast part...I think it would look better that way.
Anyone know about colapsability(sp)?
Lastly, as you know I'm a speaker guy, I can't for the life of me figure out why two speakers mounted near one another would have one of them blocking the output of the other! (same on the Ill. X)not to mention aiming downward.
D out
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
the rest of the blade
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-26-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Well,

I really like the looks of the tower.

I also think the new deck is alot etter than the old one.

Im just not sure about the wedge.
I have always believed that by using a wedge, your making you boat do something it just wasn't meant to do. It looks to me as if it were dragging an ancor or something. I guess Im just not a real wedge fan.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-26-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
new deck ?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-26-2005, 11:52 PM Reply   
danny, by dismissing the wedge as something that inhibits the boat, is like saying 1000 of ballast is pointless.

i can see why you're not too big a of a wedge fan though. it does create a different very wake.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2005, 5:46 AM Reply   
Watch your feet when getting out of the water. Geez that thing is way out there.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-27-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
I don't think you could get the decks in fiberglass last year, could you?

With the wedge it looks like your dragging something, the wedge. I just dont think its a good idea. I believe that it would, after time and use, create stress cracks, if not tear the back of your boat off.

The main reason I don't support the wedge is, when I was down at Lake Texoma with some buddies and we saw a Malibue 1/2 way in the water sinking because the center of the boat had cracked open.

We helped the guy and his family. He told us everything was perfect and when they put there wedge out and took off they heard a really loud "CRACK". Thats when they knew they were in trouble.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ok ok when ever some one says deck I think of the deck of the boat....I do like the new fiberglass platform.

As far as the blade goes I understand your point but there are 400 lb 200 hp outboards running around with not problem.......on the other hand I have seen pictures of MAlibu's with bowling ball size hole in the back but those boats all hit something HARD and BIG
Old    4sher            08-29-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
I think what makes this device unique is that it turns WITH the boat. It's on a hinge and doesn't "fight" the boat when you are tuning like the Wedge.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-29-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
The wedge thing is very fascinating. Having it so far out from the boat gives two huge disadvantages:

1. Looks like a foot killer to me
2. The force transmitted downward is then directed at a right angle 16 or so inches from the transom, putting a huge outward pull on the superior portion of the mounting bracket, and then a huge inward 'push' on the bottom portion. I would like to see how it holds up after some use.

Look at how you'd have to sit on that swimstep to put your board on. I routinely have men with butts too big to fit in the little carve outs. Looks user unfriendly to me.

I have a friend with a very similar tower on his Tige. It is very solid and I think the look is very nice.
Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-29-2005, 11:50 PM Reply   
I agree on the foot or ankle killer for the wedge. Doesnt look too friendly. When you use the swim platform (note the lack of the term "deck") your legs naturally swing in under the boat. That thing is defintely going to be in the way.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-02-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Current Wedge's on Bu's have locking pins that will shear if you hit something, it will not tear a hole in the transom. If the sinking boat was older than 2000 there is less flotation and will sink to the rub rail possibly. Current Bu's have flotation that exceeds current coast guard and other marine association's requirements and will not sink half way unless all 4 ballast tanks are full and you have 10 people in the boat. The 2 people I know who have hit things with the wedge down only suffer prop and rudder damage, rarely if ever will you be able to hit something and have it miss all your runnig gear and take out the wedge. We have all seen the hole in the the transom picture, but do we know all the circumstances? After market installation? There are thousands of wedges out there in operation and people just love them, so it only make sense that a former Malibu employee should go the Ceturion and put one on their boats, and they're doing it inspite of all these untested and unfounded concerns. Maybe the wedge thing is just that sweet!