Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    kac            01-12-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Hello, Based on everyone's recommendations here, I bought an LF Trip 134 last year (my first board) with some Ultru Suction bindings to give the sport a try.....let me say first off that I now love wakeboarding....too much fun!!!

Anyway, my question is this, I had a way too much trouble puttin gon and removing those bindings. I would like to buy a new pair this year that uses straps instead of the suction. It would have been so much more fun if I didn't spend so much time trying to get my feet out of the bindings. Which bindings do you pros recommend?
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       01-12-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Get a pair of Solbound shackle boots. Easy on and easy off. This is the most comfortable boot (IMO) out there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-12-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
I just bought the ultra sucs and rode them for the first time this weekend. I too had trouble getting out of them, especially in the 45 degree water. I will probably go back to the HL Parks. They were much easier to get on and off.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-12-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Just ride until you get one of those eyelid-opening faceplant falls thant slingshots you out of your bindings.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-12-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
There are a lot of different options out there. The new Liquid Force Alphas are really comfortable and easy to put on, as are the Exo Suctions. If you want to go all out, the new Transits are super comfortable with all the bells and whistles. The Alphas and Transits have a front lace, while the Exos have a rear lace system. They all have the new neoprene/lycra inner liner which allows you to even put the bindings on dry. Email me with any specific questions you might have to compare bindings and prices.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    walt            01-12-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
SOLBOUND !!!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-12-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
I would say to stick with the ultras. I personally think they are the best. All of the other bindings with straps and laces break more often then you get to ride them. The great thing about the ultras is they are no nonsense. Get use to them and you will love them.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
get a bigger pair
Old    aquajack            01-12-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
Chris F, This might sound stupid, but how are you trying to get out of them?
Have you tried laying in the water toes up and grabbing the top of the board (where your toes are pointing) with both hands and pulling towards you while you are pulling your heals out? If both feet come right out, great, otherwise, If just one pulls out 1st, take that foot and place it next to the heel of the foot still remaining in the binding. Continue to pull with both hands at the top of the board (next to your toes) and push with your free foot while pulling the heel on the foot still in the boot. If you have already tried this, I appologise for sounding like "Mr. Obvious". But you did say that you were relatively new to wakeboarding. Also you mentioned you were having trouble getting into the bindings. More of "Mr. Obvious" coming here, You are using binding lube or shaving cream to get into the boots, right?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-13-2004, 12:29 AM Reply   
Ok another thing from "Mr. Obvious"(sorry if you allready know this) when putting ultras on, when on swim deck or dock. Push your toes in a bit, step down on the heel, so the rubber bends over,(your foot should now be close to level) now grab the font loop and pull your toes all the way forward, now you should just be able to pull on the heel pull strap, and it should slip around your heel. Hard to explain but once you see it you'll get the idea.
hope this helps
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-13-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Get the Byerly's with the boa system. You can open them up all the way, slap those feet in, and cinch down as far as you wish. Best park....you can adjust the tightness as you ride. Just my two cents.
Old    wakeboard4life            01-20-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
I have a question too..and instead of starting a new post id rather just talk about it here since we are already talking about ultras. I can get a new pair of 03 ultras for 135 or a pair of 03 byerlys for 185...shipped...i dunno which to go or if these are good prices..not ebay either. Thanks for the input.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-20-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
brad,
those are some great prices. i bought my 03 ultras for 188, all the 03 stuff is real cheap since 04 has come around. the ultras are super sweet. they are a pain in the butt till they are broken in though. the trick is to leave some soda cans in the bindings for about a week and then wear the bindings in a really hot bath. i dont know about the byerlys, but the ultras are great
Old    wissota            01-20-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Probably a dumb sugestion but how about bind lube!
Old    grizzle            01-20-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
Byerly's at 185 are a great price. I rode mine all last season, and love them. Easy on and easy off, so there is no need for binding lube or wasted energy trying to put them on. But then again that's just my opinion, and just about any binding is easy to get on and off once your foot has broken it in. (assuming it is the right size )
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
Uh, Solbound is no longer in biz if i'm not mistaken.
Old    walt            01-20-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Drop Mike a line at http://wakeon.com/ He might be able to hook you up with a pair of Solbounds
Old    maverick_gear            01-20-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
i have alot of different bindings that are good i like my byerly BOAs the most i would say, also check out the PRS series by nice and the PS02 or FS02 by Collective Developement those are sick as well. basically just try on a few pair in a shop and see what works, i would recamend trying your ultras on in the hottub first though....
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-21-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
My Parks are great. I have tried the new byerly BOA and they are sweet! Very comfy, easy on and off!

I wish someone had given me the 'mr obvious' advice a year ago. It could have saved me some grunting and straining.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-21-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
Walt, I've ridden the Solbounds before, they didn't have enough support for my liking. I'm gonna be sad when my 01' Belmonts are worn out. But they still look like new so...
Old    walt            01-21-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
Sparky, Who did you ride with Sunday and was the lake still clear of wood ?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-21-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
Rode with my friend that has the VLX up there year round. Yeah there was some debris. We pulled most of the big stuff off to the side and rode.