Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (kingfish)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
I was landing a Toe Side Front roll and my toes shoved up into the binding. I think I broke my big tow on my right foot. I hear a 12 and I was hearing 11-12 inch LF Shane bindings. I could feel my left big toe touching the end of the binding but not my right, do you think that b/c there was enough room to slide a little bit to the front is why i messed up my right foot...SO if I get a bigger size I will definitely break both toes next time this happens? Or do you think a bigger size binding will stop this problem? B/C IT SUCKS, }MY FEET ARE KILLING ME
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
LOL....

Sorry to hear it. You'd think those clown shoes would have plenty of room for your toes.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-26-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
So strange. Who'd of thunk it..
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I hear a lot of people sliding around in bindings. I slide a bit in my Transits. That is mostly because the laces "let go" or more accurately that little lock thingy lets go.

I have always attributed the sliding to bindings not cinched down enough. Could this be your problem rather than too much room?
Old    wakebmxer            07-26-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
I have the XL Murray closed toe and no toe problems. I rode the Shane XL and it seemed small and my toes bumped the end on first run. I think they run small.
Old     (kingfish)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
I have know Idea, my foot wasen't sliding around at all, the binding are really nice and comfortable. Just on the landing I had the problem, maybe a bigger size would allow enough room for my foot to slide a little but not have the problem again. I have NO idea what to do.
Old     (kingfish)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
REALLY, so a bigger size may be the ticket????
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Well from what you said the binding that felt a little big is the one you broke your toe in, so I dont think goin bigger is going to help. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying.
Old     (kingfish)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
Yes that was the case, from all the reviews I have never heard of this happening.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-26-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
Micah, look at all the speculation when 'closed toe' bindings were first announced. That was the biggest thing everyone thought would happen.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Clown shoes is right man, the look so funny.

Hope your big toe is alright man.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
It's a Liquid Force Lawsuit. after the case is over you can buy every binding on the market and in every size ;)