Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Gray Maynard will be fighting the light weight champion frankie edgar in a rematch, Gray won the last time they fought and if he wins he will be a UFC champ that is an avid wakeboarder and has even wakeboarded with Rusty Malinoski. I wasnt a fan of Grays in the past but since i have learned that he wakeboards my opinion has changed dramatically. In one of his last fights he was even sponsored by hyperlite sporting their logo on his shorts.
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-22-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Gray is a good dude. He gets beat up by the casual fan a lot for a conservative fight style but there is no question this guy is tough and talented.. Good luck to him in the rematch with Edgar.

I'm more excited to see the winner against Pettis.. Some new life in the division..
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
me too jeff, i hope they actually give Pettis the shot they promised bendo, either way there is new exciting fights ahead in the LW division
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-23-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Any pics of him riding, must be decent if sponsored by hyperlite...unless it's just a marketing technique.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-23-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
here is a pic of him doing what looks like a HS FS 360. hyperlite sponsored one of his fights probably similar to how malibu sponsered shane carwin. Im not sure what level of a rider he is but it looks like he is at least intermediate, if he is landing those 3's maybe even close to advanced.
Attached Images

Last edited by devildog_ra; 12-23-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: SP
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-23-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
I know who Shane is. What did he do? Is he a figher as well?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-23-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Yeah J-Rod he was on the ultimate fighter season five. he didnt win but is undefeated. All of his wins are by decision due to the fact that he is primarily a wrestler but he is working on becoming a more complete and thus more exciting fighter.

recently he beat Kenny florian and roger huerta
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-27-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
^^ Thats rusty doin the HS FS 3, just throwin that out there. Shane Carwin is a beast. I've never heard of Gray Maynard, I'll have to check out the fight.

Edit: Nvm thats not rusty. I looked at the pic wrong

Last edited by benbuchholz; 12-27-2010 at 7:26 AM.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-27-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
^ haha you still got me to second guess it though.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-27-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSFYwjiLNtg

Can see why he's called "The Bully"
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       12-28-2010, 5:10 AM Reply   
This guy is a beast....him and rusty both
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Gray is a beast and should be able to get through his fight this weekend, but that division is so staked now that it may be only for a fight or two.

This weekend's UFC fights should be a great one. Several very good match ups. Plus Nate Diaz from Stockton is fighting representing NorCal. There will probably be lot's of talk about it in the Other forums this week.