Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-02-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Has anyone been there lately? We are going this weekend 4-4-09. I was wondering lake temp, water level etc. We are launching at Markley cove at 7 am. We are in a 23 foot Red Sea Ray. Red tower with Wetsound speakers. Thanks in advance. I am stoked to go ridding.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-02-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
hey ill be there to!!

if you see me say hi. i think we will be launching about the same time.

in in a red sea 220 with a red tower and white wet sounds speakers. see profile pic
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-02-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Don and David...I've been up a bunch of times lately. I would say the lake is 20 to 25 feet low for this time of year. There is still plenty of water though. The water is freezing cold. One of my son's friends dropped his scooter of the dock and tried to get in to get it. The water took his breath away. The conditions have been beautiful if the wind is not blowing.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
All,
I was up there last Saturday. Launched from Pleasure Cove. Lake is about 10 feet down from full. About 80% full. This time last year it was 88% full. Water temperature was between 60 and 64. Nothing but fisherman.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-02-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
right on. great to hear
Old    kidrik            04-02-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Anyone know anything about "Capell Cove" launch? Does it exist, and if so, is it open?

Oh, and are there any bar and grill type places around the lake?
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
There are 4 launches open at this time.

Markley Cove - $15
Pleasure Cove - $25
Steele Park - $Unknown
Cappell Cove - Free

Steele Park is in the process of closing but may remain open this summer.

At this time there is no place to eat at the lake period. So bring your own food.
Old     (emceecuen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-04-2009, 12:51 AM Reply   
I heard from a Berryessa local that the wind was so bad that they had huge swells. It's because that storm is coming in for the next few days and the cold air is coming in faaaaast.
The water is totally bearable. Last monday and tuesday I did it effortlessly with a wetsuit.
Having said that, I am a Napa local who's always looking to ride with some new people, so drop me a line next time you go, or stop by snowdrift on Jefferson St. I work there. I'm always good for gas $ and I'm loaded on equipment (including sacs)
Have fun this weekend!!
-Patrick
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-04-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Yah I heard Steele Park may stay open through the summer, its supposedly going to be the owners decision. I was gonna go up last sunday but my pops was there and he said it was white caps by 10 am, even the sac river has been choppy this week...
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-04-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
That's sad Steele Park may be closing. I used to go there every summer when I lived out there.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-04-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
it WAS GREAT today. we had about 2 hours of chop. and then it flattened out. it got choppy so we headed to a cove and hung out and laid in the sun. other then that it was nothing but fishermen. the water got better as the day when on. there was fishing tournament so around 2:00 it laid down

Patrick, we ride behind an i/o a pretty heavy one so it throws a decent wake. but sacs can always help ;] if your interested in riding behind ours (check profile pic) the send me an email. my email address is lfrider92@gmail.com
Old     (bluesman)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-05-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Here's the website for Berryessa's water level: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?s=ber&d=today

As you can see on the website the lake is 35' down now. It has come up 8' from the lowest level of last year.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
The height of the Dam is 456ft but the spillway is at 440ft so the lake is about 19Ft from full.

Still has plenty of water.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-05-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Hmmmm...I was close in the beginning.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-06-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
Very
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Just went and ride berryessa and it was perfect conditions. Saw only 4-5 boats and water was nice and calm. 80 degrees out and the wind picked up alitlle bit but still ridable. Rode with a full wet suit and was sweating when I got out of the water. Never used a towel. Felt like a summer day.
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
Sorry about the spelling errors. I got to start proof reading my posts.