Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
I think this years events are really good. The format of the final 16 going head to head has been veery exciting. Fort Worth was really cool to watch. I use to get bored after two days of wakeboarding and often leave early. Now everyone stays to watch the final 2 especially when it is anybody's game. The site selections have been good and the crowds seem to be much bigger. The tournament itself is run very effeciently and on time. Thanks to the following people for making it happen.

Chris Bischoff
Priscilla Scollin
Tom Weber
Bob Doughty
Terry Dorner
Sean Dishman
and everyone else that is behind the scenes making it happen.

I meant World Pub but can not edit title.

(Message edited by kneeboarddad on June 05, 2007)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I 2nd that, Great job this year. Now if we can get back to a 6 or 8 man Jr. men's final (like in the past). These kids travel a long way and if a couple more get to ride in finals it would be cool.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Forgot to gives out props to Dano & Nick for their work on the mike keeping the fans intertained and informed. Good job guys.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-05-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Yep great job Guys and Gals, thanks for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Randy- Actually they are giving the kids more riding opportunity. Before there were only 2 rounds. First round had 4 heats taking the top two to finals for an 8 man final. Now they have three rounds instead of 2. Jr men are riding twice on Sunday instead of once and the finals are after the Pro Men go so they are getting a lot more crowd. Before there was only a scant few people there on Sunday morning

I also think 4 man finals are a lot better. It is way too hard to judge 8 riders in one heat.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Yep- I did forget the announcers. After seeing Nick in leather pants at Wake Games I was really trying to forget them . Seriously- I am impressed with their professionalism. I was in TX on one of the mornings and there was no one there but a few riders and a couple of parents but those guys were announcing as though the crowd was huge.

That is a tough job to do ALL day and then Nick goes down and qualifies.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-06-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
I too have to give props to everyone at WOrld Pub. If anyone saw the condition of the venue at the Fort Worth stop early on Sat and Sun, most would have canceled the event and gone home. World Pub rolled up their sleeves and made the site awesome, and still got everything started on time. These guys put in a lot of work to make the PWT events happen. Good job and thank you.
Old     (h2o_nick)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
I have to give props also..it was a muddy mess, but these folks made it happen. We can't forget Jimmy Harvel and his crew @ Texas Mastercraft for bustin tail all week to make it happen ( They actually put down a road through the mud overnight)It ended up being a great event, and Dano is always a hoot.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Thats right, I can't be there and you rub it in!! Those that run the Pro Tour work so hard! The guys in operations that work so hard all day and have to put up with the jerks (no not you Randy) Priscilla is awesome to everybody and as hard as we have tried to do sushi, we have had to do it in to go containers behind an admin table. This is a good thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bob and his crew, Priscilla, Bisch, Shawn Perry, Kayla, (we miss you) Melanie, who has to put up with the spaz moms at the front gate (no not me)Dishman, Dano and Nick. And the judges, who I am sure wish to remain incognito.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-08-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
This is what I sent to Wakeboarding Magazine about our experience A Ft Worth last weekend

Hey I just got back from taking our boys to the Ft. Worth tour stop. My hats off to PWT and Texas Mastercraft for putting on a great show despite the heavy night rains, yeah it was a little muddy but without their effort it could have been a much worse mess.
I also want to give a big thanks to Rusty Malinoski,Shaun Murray, Parks Bonifay and all the pros. They are such cool guys. They put in a lot of extra PR time and I saw them them talking one on one to a lot of fans. We had the extreme pleasure to sit next to Shaun Murray's family on Sunday and was cool to hear them cheering on ALL the riders, not just Shuan. Shaun's nephew Spencer was quite a hit with everybody also.
One of the boys with me has only been on a wakeboard twice in his life and after getting pics and autographs he is so pumped about riding.
My 2 sons and I have introduced at least ten people to the sport of wakeboarding in the last couple of years and with the pro athletes putting the image forward that they do, it makes it easy to push the sport.
Bottom line for me- a roundtrip twelve hour drive on $3.20 dollar a gallon gas to see one heck of a show AND get to talk to professional athletes acting professional - I'd do it again next week.
Keep up the good work with the magazine and keep the sport growing. I'm sending a couple of pics that the pros posed for.
Upload
Upload
Old    00wakesetter            06-08-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
I will agree the event went off despite the weather. Good times!!! and congrats to Nick for winning his heat.
Old    00wakesetter            06-08-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
and to chad for beating froggy head to head.