Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                05-23-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
I have a tricky problem with the Clarion XD3 audio deck, hopefully someone can help (the dealer hasn't been able to help - via phone anyway - and I don't want to haul it all the way to the dealer to fix it).

I have the XD3 in my 2004 MC X9, dual amps one amp driving a set of tower mounted kickers, the other amp driving the factory installed Clarion sub and speakers.

Last year, it worked like a champ, then I disconnected the battery for the winter. In the spring, after charging the battery and connecting everything back up, the tower mounted kickers work fine, but the factory speakers produce only bleed through sound, only the subwoofer seems to get any power. I switched the clarion outputs between the 2 amps and the problem moves to the other amp and the tower speakers are muffled and the factory speakers work fine, so has to be something on the clarion. I checked all of the settings (Z+, Bass, treble, fader, tone and sub settings) but nothing I do makes any difference.

I really don't think that the deck is blown and my dealer is 60 miles away, so hauling the boat all the way down to check a stereo problem isn't practical)
Anyone have any ideas?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-24-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
one of the outputs (RCA) will be a sub out when you first power the unit up from no batt power. I think you can go into the settings menu and change it to a full range out.
Old                05-24-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thanks chas - I'll check that tonight. That crossed my mind, but I couldn't find a sub/full range setting on the menu.

I guess now I'll have to RTFM.
Old                05-24-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
You're exactly right, the output is even labeled "Subwoofer output, refer to owners manual". Problem is that the owners manual doesn't even mention it.

Any idea how to get to the full range out settings? I called the MC dealer and they didn't know either.

Thanks,
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-24-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
try to go into sub level and you should be able to toggle into settings of the output with the right and left arrows.
Old                05-25-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Actually, on the Clarion XMD3 deck, you have to press and hold the TITLE button for 2 seconds, then it gives you the options (thanks to Rich for the tip), then you can toggle through the LPF settings and finally get to REAR. WIth the REAR setting, it goes back to full range. It would have been really nice if the friggin manual explained this or at least something on their website.

We're rockin once again!
Old                06-06-2005, 5:41 AM Reply   
Hi guys, I have a 2004 Tige with a clarion xmd3, apx200, and apx400 amps, with the four basic rear boat speakers and two in front, with a 300 amp subwoofer and two DefconIII tower speaker units. A nephew screwed up all the settings on the backs of the amps. I find the manuals of little help, with things like "LP, HP, bridged blah blah". I kind of got it working, but now the rear four speakers are contstantly buzzing. I would take to dealer, but it is in the water and a long way away. Is there anywhere I can find out how to set the switches? I hope that will also stop the buzzing in the rear four. Thanks in Advance. Tim
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-06-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
LP = Low pass (use this setting for your sub amp, set crossover at 150hz, bridged)

HP = high pass (use this setting on your tower and boat speaker amps, set crossover at 150hz, stereo/non-bridged)

The gain settings should be about midway, if things don't get loud enough turn them up a bit but not more if it's distorting.

The tape deck has the ability to change crossovers to the amps, for simplicity you should just the deck at full range.

How old is the nephew? If he is over 15 make him figure it out.

Post pictures of the settings and wiring connections and we can give you better advice, it's difficult to guess how they wired things up and it can make a difference.