Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
who do you guys recommend for boat insurance and who should I stay away from? My new boat is on the way and I need to start getting everything together.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I recommend SEARCH, there have been so many threads on this it's not even funny.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on April 28, 2008)
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
I got a pretty good rate through Progressive...might want to check them out.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-28-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Boater's Insurance
http://www.boatins.com/home.php
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-28-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
BoatU.S.

My '04 Sanger V230 is $376/year.
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-28-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Stupid question but does anyone know if you need proof of insurance on a boat like you do for a car in California?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2008, 5:25 AM Reply   
Some states require prof of ins.
Old     (coursey)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-29-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
STATE FARM

2008 Supra 22 SSV insured for $64,000 is $504 a year. The good thing about State Farm is they pay out what you have it insured for vs. what the boat is worth.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2008, 5:49 AM Reply   
Voyager Marine for mine.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
I just paid mine online Boat US $222 per year
Old    mcbean7            04-29-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'm going through Ski Safe. I'm paying roughly $185/yr for mine (88 Ski Centurion).
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-30-2008, 2:36 AM Reply   
Nice Chris. State Farm just hosed me for over $800 for an '06 Supra 21v insured for $48,000. Just got the policy in the mail. They'll be losing some business.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Stop asking how much and instead ask these questions? For being blessed enough to have disposable income to afford a boat like those mentioned here I sure hope you guys think a little longer about your coverages and who you purchase them from........

What is the liability limit?

What is the uninsured boater limits?

Is it auto form or protection and indemnity?
What is the medical limit?

Is it stated(agreed value)full replacement cost or actual cash value?

Is there pollution coverage included?

How much presonal property is covered?
What is the deductible?

Is there a territorial limit youmay need to worry about?

Did you accept a "lay up period" and ask for a discount and warrant the vessel will not be used in that time?

Did you think for a moment carriers rate by territory? In Ca, Az or Fl we can generally use our boats from March-Nov. Not a chance near the great lakes?

Do you reside in a Non Fault or at fault state? Do you know what that even means? It certainly effects your rates.........

Are you in hurricane or tornado country where it can blow away at any time? That effects rates....

Is roadside assitance or on water towing included?
Did you get a multi policy discount by placing other coverage with the same carrier?

What is the driving record or age group of primary operator?

Does the policy have wreck removal coverage for sunken vessel in addition to pollution?

Do you have an umbrella? You darn well need one. Does your umbrella offer underinsured or uninsured motorist as an option? Did you opt in, if so and pay a couple $$ more? Did anyone explain the benefit of this to you or just quote you a cheap premium to get you to sign?

Does the carrier use employees or independant adjusters? Are they qualified & certified to adjust a marine loss? Does your carrier use house council or hire independant legal counsel for you if you submit a liability loss?

Please dig a little deeper before you flaunt your inexpensive premiums and get everyone in a huff.....

I apologize for the rant but 14 posters and not one mentioned any of these points. I am not trying to be an a_ _ but I have hung out with many Wakeworlders, hosted many visitors form this board and consider them to be friends. I would love to hook up, board, and enjoy cold refreshing drink with any of you rather than read about a tradgety to your family. If anyone has questions please feel free to email or contact me. Be sure to have your current information in hand & I will tell you if you have adequate limits, a reputable carrier or should be concerned. I am not seeking business here and only hold licenses for 3 states so please dont feel I am using this board to solicit anyone.

Rick

Try this link if you have any curiosity on the questions I raised above.
http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2004/insurance.asp