Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Hi guys, i am looking to make a move on a 247 LSV 2007 but before i want to have some hints on that boat. You guys can tell me how's the wake on that boat and the surf wake also ? Does it need additional weight or stock is perfect ? A f-150 truck with a 5.4L V8 is good for towing that boat especially for the launching .... ?
How's the room in the boat ? Any good and any con's would be appreciated ... thank you. Also if you guys have pictures of the wake could be really nice and pics of your 247 lsv as well.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
i dont have a single con to say about that boat. right now it is my favorite boat out there. the stock wake is bigger than any other boat out there(well the epic might be bigger i dont know i havent ridden one). the first time i rode behind one there were 10 poeple in the boat. 5 of them were about 250-300 lb people so there was some descent weight in there. i rode 95 feet long and 28 miles an hour and the wake was so big i could have easily gone to 110 feet of rope but i didnt have any more with us. super clean, smooth typical malibu wake. the boat has a ton of room inside, there is even a removable trashcan built in under one of the rear seats. my opinion is that its the best boat out there today.

as far as the truck goes you will be fine but very sluggish. depending on the steepness of the ramps you launch at i hope you have 4 wheel drive
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-24-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I have a GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.4L. I towed a 247 from the Malibu plant over the Pacheco Pass/Highway 152 and did fine... better than I thought it would actually. You will have problems viewing behind you with your mirrors. Long trips won't be very fun but you can definitely do it. That boat isn't much heavier than a 23LSV.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
ok it help me a bit anymore can say their comments could be appreciated.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-25-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
I have to say hands down the best boat in that size range. The wake is great for surfing and wakeboarding out of the box. Of course the great thing is you can add all the weight you want and still have a great wake. The cockpit is huge. Rear lockers are huge to store those 750 sacs. I don't think you'll ever be disapointed with this purchase.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-25-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
the handling is it good on that boat or you feel you are driving a bigger boat, i will pass from a 15'' sea-doo sportser boat to that

haha
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Doesn't matter what you drive compared to your 15' seadoo it will seem like a bigger boat. Way to step it up. The stock wake will be 10X bigger than anything you could muster with that seadoo.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-25-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
yeah for that i know i just want to be sure this boat is a good boat for my needs, it will not be a boat that sleeps at the dock i will launch it everyday so i will travel it every time i want to hit the water. nobody have wake pics of those beauties ?
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
i own a 247 and tow with a f150 4x4 crew 5.4l. as long as you have the 3.73 gear you will be fine. on steep grades, you will have to put your foot into it to keep your speed but otherwise it does just fine.

like the others have said, the boat is the sh*t!!! wake is insane, both wake and surf, tons of room and super comfy.

good luck
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-25-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
hummm how can i know if i have that 3.73 gear LOL ???
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
you can have a ford dealer run your VIN number through an "Oasis" report. it should show there. what year, trim level, 2 or 4wd do you have?
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-25-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
i have a 2006 F-150 4wd v8 5.4L and whats the trim level ?
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
xlt, fx4, or lariat? the fx4 and the lariat came with the 3.73, while the xlt usually comes with the 3.55 (although it came be ordered with the 3.73).
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-25-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
ok i got the lariat so im good :-)

ah and another thing how do you guys do gaz per hour average on that boat ??
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
From what I've heard you're looking at 6-8.5 gph depending on what motor you have, and what you're using it for. If it's just a lake limo you'll be on the lower side, surfing or skiing the higher side. Although I can't imagine trying to ski that mountain.