Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    lucey            07-24-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
I have been looking at the 03 CC SAN Team Ed, 03 Tige 22V, 02-03 Wakesetter VLX, and the MC's. Can someone shed some light on which boat would make the best choice ? I know this can open a huge can of worms but i just can't decide. I want a boat to obviously grow with. I don't need the craziest wake but would like to be able to make it if needed. Also i want a boat that has good manerisms and something that has good quality. What about engines are there big differences in quality between the above ? Anything else i should be aware of. To be honest i have always liked the SAN ? Opinions ?
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-24-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Have you thought about a Sanger? You could get a new V210 for $44000 + gst or a new V215 for a few grand more. Plus you're getting full warranties by going new.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
Chris, Just put my 03 SAN up for sale. Showroom clean. E-mail if you're interested.
There's a pic in my profile.
Tom
Old    smckinne            08-03-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
I've been struggling with the same question with pretty much the same boats. I've upgraded a Four Winns run-about with a tower and some ballast but we're outgrowing the wake fast. I've been leaning toward the Nautique's but a buddy that is going in on this with me is partial to the Tige. We haven't driven any of them yet, but that will be the first thing we do before making a purchase.

For the price, who any suggestions on who gives you the most boat for your dollar?
Old    bambamski            08-03-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Chris, where are you located? If you're in Alberta you could get a new X-2 in the 49-52k cdn range.
Old    the_skeptic            08-04-2005, 1:54 AM Reply   
Don't forget Moomba or Supra!!!!

Moomba XLV (23') = $43,000

Loaded and out the door shouldn't be more than $50k.....
Old    xwind            08-04-2005, 3:58 AM Reply   
What about Svfara !!
They are manufactured in canada ! These boat are awesome !
Luc
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
XLV for $43000cdn... I doubt it.... But you never know.

Svfara... small direct drive... for wakeboarding?

And their 696 will be closer to $65,000cdn...
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-04-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
All of the boats in your list are great boats. No single brand is superior to the others no matter what a salesperson or owner of a particular boat tells you. Get out and demo some boats and while doing so, think about how you will really be using it. ie. just wakeboarding or other behind the boat activities.
How much room do you need in a boat etc. Although this is a good start for info, more time on the water forming your own opinion will be more helpful to making a choice than the brand advice found here(imo).

Good luck.

Old    donskickinit            08-06-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I bought a moomba outback xlv-loaded-i can lanf 3,5s and flips-plenty of room-great stereo-same engine in the top end brands--all for 36,000

2004 XLV Moomba outback-I might sell it at the end of the summer and get another one.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-06-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Are you sure that isn't an Moomba LSV? The XLV is the BIG one.

My buddy had an 02 LSV and it threw a nice wake with the 3 bag ballast.

Jeff
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-14-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
this thread works good for me... i finally got my parents convinced that they need to buy a boat and they told me to look around... they will only buy new and have givven me a $40k canadian limit, i was thinking at looking at the Tige Switch series or the Malibu Ride series, any other i should look at within that limit?
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat. (no pun intended). Looking for a new boat in about that range. I have looked at the Moomba outback but am wondering if it can throw a decent wake? I would consider moving up to the Mobius LSV, but that may put it over $50k with some options. I would appreciate any other suggestions as well!