Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    hype32            02-17-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
Anyone ever use sandbags for weight in the boat? I was at lowe's and saw 50lb bags for $2.67 each. Any other cheep ideas?
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-18-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
I would try using my MLS first. Invite several friends onto the boat next. If all that fails, work on your technique, 'cause the VLX+MLS pumps out a world class wake.

Good Luck.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-18-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
We used to wiegh the bow down with about 300# of sand under the seats. We got some kind of vinyl bags made specifically for that (don't remember the name). They worked great and did not start ripping until about the 3rd or 4th season they were in use...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-18-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
I use em' under the front. Wrapped them in plasic bags and then duct tape.

Let's Go Ride used to sell those vinyl bags, but I'm not sure if they still do.

Old     (fubar)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Go to your local sporting goods store and get some large dry bags. The whole bag of sand should fit it 'em, plus when you roll down the top and snap it shut, you have a handle to carry them around. They are tough too - have had the same 3 bags of sand for 5+ years.
Old    hype32            02-18-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
All good ideas. Thanks. I was thinking of wrapping the bags in an industrial shrink wrap material we use on pallots to keep the bags from ripping. I like the idea of a handle though. That would definatley make them easier to transport.
Old    cws_kahuna            02-18-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have been using the same sand bags for 3 years now. It is a great inexpensive weight solution. They are small enough to hide in your storage compartments too which is nice.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-18-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
I did what david D said... works great and cheap and pretty good on not taking up much space