Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
just got done checking out the new tige Z1!! It was very nice. going to go for a ride next week anybody got one,been in one or rode behind one? what is the wake like? i heard the wakesurf wave is sick!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-24-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Some one told me it was the best 21ft boat ever. I looked at the boat and it is nice, have fun.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-24-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
There are several new owners on Tigeowners.com and all have had rave reviews. They seem very pleased with the wake. By this summer we should have a much more practical experience.

The surf wake sure looks easy to surf. I always recommend wearing a life vest during any lake watersport activity, unlike this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumBX3f9VqE
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-24-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
I wasn't too impressed with the one I saw at the boat show it felt a lot smaller than it actually was and I was not too happy with the construction quality
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-25-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
Michael I am not a Tige owner but have been out demoing boats. The Tige had one of the most solid feels of any boat I had been in. Of course I have not tested the kind of boat your lucky enough to be able to own. The Z1 I saw at a show was great lots of storage great aggressive look. I will say I don't think Tige's blings things the best in the industry to be honest I think BU does even though I would prefer an MC over a BU.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-25-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Michael what concerned you about the build quality? i have an 03 now its one SOLID boat. i really love the build quality so im curious and would like to know what you are seeing so i can take a look for myself and see what has changed. thanx
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-25-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
The one I saw at the show was a very stripped model with almost no options so maybe that is why I didn't feel the love you guys feel the tower was a little wobbly as well but maybe the boat hadn't been set up right

I am not saying Tige makes a bad boat it just was not the boat for me

another reason I didn't give Tige more of a chance is I wasn't very pleased with the local dealer and I think that is just as important as the boat itself
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
Michael,

What boat show did you see a stripped Z1 with a wobbly tower, I worked them all here in NC with both dealers? The boats were well equipped and the tower did not wobble at the show, or even on the water when I put the same boat in yesterday?

Anytime you and your parent/guardian want to take one out, call me at HQ Marine.

(Message edited by chpthril on April 25, 2008)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
So you're a Tige dealer Mike?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
I'm am now, before, I worked the boat shows for fun. I started last week working for my dealer as a salesman. We sell CC, Campion, Cruiser Yachts, as well as Tige. And anything we take in on trade.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2008, 2:24 AM Reply   
What's funny is ALOT of us tige owners have began to either work for Tige dealers or contact Tige about opening Tige dealerships. This is how much Tige has grabbed our attn. I don't see that amongst ANY other brand.

Mike is amongst that crowd, and doing us proud! :-)

(Message edited by Tanner on April 26, 2008)
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
that is strange how that is working out. congrats mike good job. im still trying to make it to the reunion.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-27-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, This dealer has the best people in the world to work with/for. Cant beat getting paid to hang out by the lake and talk boats all day.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-27-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
I apologize for getting a few of you riled up I never meant to put down anybody or their boat I was just giving my opinion on this particular boat model I am sure Tige makes a good boat in fact I have some pretty sick looking ones but it just wasn't the boat for us

Mike congrats on landing a job that I'm sure you love (I know I would love it)

Sorry again about the miscommunication
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-27-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
michael you didnt upset me i was just wondering what to look for. if you saw something to watch out for i thank you for letting me know.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-28-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
Michael,

I'm not upset at all, not even insulted, just wondering which show had a stripped-down Z1........was it the blue/yllw at the Charlotte show, or the wht/red and the Raleigh and Greensboro shows?

If it was either one, your statement about being stripped down couldn't be furthest from the truth and how did you determine the tower rattled cause If I had seen some one swinging on it like a monkey, I would have politely asked them to step down.

Cant remember all the options on the wht/red, but it was priced in the low 50's so it was not stripped.

The blu/yllw one is nearly fully loaded:
340hp
Cruise
900lb's Factory Ballast
Heater
Custom Hull color
Bimini with extended bimini
Vision air chair
Fiberglass swim
Tower with swivel board racks
Stainless Steel Package.
Tower of Power Stereo - 6 WS-650 cabin speakers, sub, Pro60 tower speakers, 2 Kicker amps, Ipod adaptor, remote, Clarion CMD5 head unit.
Cover, trailerable.
Tandem axle trailer with swing-away tongue
Tower mounted mirror

It's ok that a Tige is not the boat for you, I have no hard feelings. My point is, you make a very bold statement with nothing to back it up.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-28-2008, 5:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the brand new boat daddy

(Message edited by wakemikey on April 28, 2008)
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-28-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Mike that is weird the person at the show told us the blue/yellow one did not have any ballast or cruise and I don;t remember seeing racks or tower speakers on it
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
So what happened Tigemike, got tired slangin that insurance?
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-28-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
I love the Z1 if I was trading in my boat tomorrow that is what I would buy.

Our dealer is also awesome here which makes the decision easier.
Old     (tria1982)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new gig TigeMike. Just to let you all know i have a new z1 and it has exceeded my expectations!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-28-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
"Mike that is weird the person at the show told us the blue/yellow one did not have any ballast or cruise and I don;t remember seeing racks or tower speakers on it"

Michael,

Sorry for who ever gave you the incorrect info about the boat, it wasn't me or the factory rep.

I installed the white Pro60's 2 days before the show

Here is a pic that shows the tower speakers, a board in the rack, and the thru-hulls for the ballast.

I posted some pics of the wake in the surfing section in a thread started by Tria. I used the cruise yesterday.

Again, sorry for the bad info.
Upload
Old     (tria1982)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-29-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Not to change the subject but i was cruising around Tige Owners and saw these killer pics w/ Daniel Watkins surfing with his 2 yr old son. Click the link below; you will get excited just looking at the wake!!!

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6648
Old     (tria1982)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-29-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
damn his son is 2 already. the last time daniel was at my shop his wife was about 3 months away from poping. his son is probably going to be killing it on the board.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-29-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
That surf wake is huge.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
My wife might shoot me if I did this but I love it!!!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Randy thats what you would call a TIGE surf wake hahahahaha sorry had to say it.